The Curriculum Transcript load and feed enable organizations to load transcript data specific to curriculum learning objects.
When loading curriculum transcript data, the following can be used as the unique identifier for each curriculum:
- Curriculum ID - Select this option when you have Curriculum IDs available and want to import new transcripts or update existing transcripts.
- The final unique key fields will be User ID, Curriculum ID, and Transcript Key.
- In Custom Reports, the Curriculum ID is displayed as Training ID.
- Curricula created via the user interface will not have a Curriculum ID. To update transcript records for curricula created via the user interface, you must use the system-generated Learning Object ID.
- Learning Object ID - Select this option if you have the unique system generated Learning Object IDs available and want to import new transcripts or update existing transcripts.
- The final unique key fields will be User ID, Learning Object ID, and Transcript Key.
- You can create a custom report to locate the Learning Object ID of each curriculum.
When updating existing transcript data, the following can be used as the unique identifier for each transcript record:
- Registration Date/Time - Select this option to create new or update existing transcript records with previously loaded registration date. Recurrence must be enabled for the learning object in the Course Catalog before adding multiple registrations. The final unique key fields will be User ID, Learning Object ID, and Registration Date/Time.
- Registration Number - Select this option to update existing transcript registrations. A new transcript registration cannot be added using this option. The final unique key fields will be User ID, Learning Object ID, and Registration Number.
How to Make a Curriculum and all Child Items Complete
- Load the child LOs first (i.e., Materials, Online Courses etc.).
- Load the curriculum LO.
- Load the curriculum parts by assigning the child LOs to the curriculum LO.
- Load the transcript records for each child LO in Completed status. If all child LOs are in Completed status, the curriculum LO will be in Completed status.
Supported Transcript Statuses
The following transcript statuses are supported with this load type:
Note: Edge Import can be used to update a transcript status to "Completed" even if the current transcript status is not supported in Edge Import. For example, Edge Import can update a transcript status from "Registered/Past Due" to "Completed." Some restrictions apply and are included in the updated template guide.
The following considerations apply to this load type:
- A post process to apply transcript rules will be triggered if transcript records are eligible to apply additional business logic. Review the latest template guideline for examples.
- For curricula completion, child items need to be uploaded in Completed status. If all child items are in Completed status, this triggers the curricula transcript status to be completed.