The ability to perform Compensation loads using Data Load Wizard (DLW) will begin to be deprecated with the November 2022 Release. Data Load Wizard Compensation loads include Employee Salary, Salary Structure and Individual Targets.
Data Load Wizard is a legacy data load tool, built on older technology, with limited load type support, a dated interface, and slow performance. Edge Import addresses these issues with a modern interface and an intuitive workflow that can support a greater number of concurrent loads, while providing administrators with a delightful user experience.
- For information about Edge Import, See Edge Import Homepage.
The Data Load Wizard Compensation Feed enables administrators to configure a recurring data load for Employee Salary and Salary Structure data files. This is useful when an organization needs to load compensation data on an ongoing basis. Data feeds are usually necessary when an organization stores certain data in another system and needs to transfer this data to the Cornerstone portal on an ongoing basis.
See the Implementation section below for availability and implementation information.
There are several steps that are required to configure and manage a Data Load Wizard Compensation Feed:
- Verify that you have access to your Cornerstone FTP folder location so that you are delivering the data feed files to the correct location.
- Prepare sample data files that will be used for the compensation feed configuration. See Compensation Feed - Step 1 - Prepare Sample Data.
- Create a data file mapping template for the data files that will be loaded by performing a sample data load. File delimiters are stored with the mapping template. See Compensation Feed - Step 2 - Create Mapping Template.
- Configure the compensation feed. Make sure the specified file name exactly matches the name of the file you are placing in the FTP folder. See Compensation Feed - Step 3 - Configure Data Feed.
- Validate the files and schedule the compensation feed. See Compensation Feed - Step 4 - Validate and Schedule Feed.
- Monitor and manage the compensation feed. See Compensation Feed - Step 5 - Monitor and Manage Feed.
To enable this functionality, contact your Cornerstone OnDemand Sales Executive or Representative.
The following permissions relate to the Configure Feed functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Data Load Wizard - Compensation||Enables administrator to load compensation data via the Data Load Wizard. This permission also enables administrators to track data loads and manage data load templates. This is an administrator permission.||Data Load Wizard|
|Data Load Wizard - Feed Configuration: Compensation – Create||Enables administrator to access the Feed Summary page in order to create and edit compensation data feeds. This is an administrator permission.||Data Load Wizard|
|Data Load Wizard - Feed Configuration: Compensation – Run Feed||Enables administrator to access the Feed Summary page in order to manually run a compensation data feed once it has been created. This is an administrator permission.||Data Load Wizard|
|Data Load Wizard - Feed Configuration: Compensation - Save||Enables administrator to access the Feed Summary page in order to view and edit compensation data feeds. This is an administrator permission.||Data Load Wizard|