After a user record is anonymized, certain fields are anonymized and other fields are deleted. Also, the Modification History section does not show any identifiable information.
When editing a user record that has been anonymized, changes cannot be saved. A message is displayed at the top of the user record to indicate that the user record has been anonymized and can no longer be edited.
A user record can only be anonymized if their status is Inactive.
When a user record is anonymized, the following information is anonymized:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- User ID
- Local System ID
- Original Hire Date - This is set to 1/1/1901
- Last Hire Date - This is set to 1/1/1901
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Mobile Phone
When a user record is anonymized, the following information is deleted:
- User Photo
- Email Address
- Personal Email Address
- Employee Relationships (e.g., Manager, Approver)
- Custom Fields
For organizations using the fields below, the following information is also deleted:
- User Type and Sub Type
- Employment Status
- Leave Type
- Termination Reason
- Termination Date
- Termination Type
- Eligible for Rehire
- Rehired Employee
- For Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (SPII) fields present in the Data Load Wizard and reporting that do not display on the user record, the values are deleted.
When a user record is anonymized, the following information is not impacted:
- Organizational Units (e.g., Division, Position, Grade)