Users of the Cornerstone Learn app can interact with playlists in the following ways:
- Search for and filter by playlists via Learning Search
- Follow playlists
- Access playlists via a new carousel on Learner Home in the app
- Consume training within playlists
- Launch external content from within playlists in the app
- View playlist metrics
- Share playlists with other users
The following playlist functionality is NOT available for playlists within the Learn app:
- Create playlists - Users cannot create playlists within the Learn app
- Add to playlists - Users cannot add items to playlists within the Learn app
- Edit playlists - Users cannot edit playlists within the Learn app
- Copy playlists - Users cannot copy playlists from within the Learn app
- View as administrator - Users are not able to view playlists as an administrator from within the Learn app
- Follower and creator bios - Users cannot navigate to the Universal Profile of a playlist creator or a playlist's followers
In order for playlist functionality to be enabled in the Learn app, it must be enabled in your portal. For information about activating playlist functionality in your portal: See Learning Feature Activation Preferences.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Playlists - View||Playlists will be visible to users with this permission. The user can search for playlists, follow playlists, and consume training contained within playlists that are available to them. The learning playlists that are visible to a user are not impacted by this permission, but instead is based on the availability of the playlist. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an end user permission.||Learning - Administration|
Search for Playlists
Users can search for playlists on the Learning Search page.
- If the user taps a playlist from the Learning Search page, they are navigated to the Playlist Details page for the playlist.
Playlists respect the Mobile Enabled filter, meaning that if this filter is enabled, the user will only see playlists that are mobile-enabled. To also see non mobile-enabled training, the user can navigate to the Settings page of the app and disable the Show Only Mobile Training setting.
- Users can only search for playlists that are public.
- Search is disabled when a user is offline.
Filter by Playlists
When searching for playlists, users can use the Playlist filter to constrain their search results to playlists. To use this filter, tap the Filters icon and toggle the Playlist filter in the Training Type section to the On position.
View Playlist Metrics
- A Playlist Metrics card displays on the Learner Home page of the app, indicating how many playlists the user has created. Note: The card will display a 0 if the user has not created any playlists, but they can still access their followed playlists by tapping this card and tapping the Followed tab.
- Tap the Playlist Metrics card to navigate to a My Playlists page, which is separated into two tabs: Created and Followed. Any playlists the user has created display on the Created tab. Any playlists the user is following display on the Followed page.
Note: Playlists cannot be created from the Learn app. To create a playlist, access the system via a desktop device.
- A Playlist content carousel is available on the Learner Home page of the Learn app. Users can scroll through the carousel to view suggested playlists.
- Users can tap a playlist to access its Playlist Details page
- The title and positioning of this carousel respects the configurations made via Learner Home Preferences. See Learner Home Preferences.
The Playlist Details page can be accessed by tapping a playlist. The Playlist Details page displays the following features:
- Playlist Banner Image - The banner image associated with the playlist
- Creator Photo and Name - The profile photo and name of the user who created the playlist
- Follow/Unfollow buttons - See the Follow Playlists and Unfollow Playlists sections below for more details.
- Followers - The number of users who are following the playlist
- Updated - The date on which the playlist was last updated by the creator
- Description - The description of the playlist
- Items - The number of training items contained within the playlist
- Training - Each training item contained within the playlist displays as a tile with the following information:
- Training Type
- Mobile Enabled (if applicable)
- Training Title
- Transcript Status
- Synced Status (if applicable)
- Training thumbnail image
- Users can follow any public playlist in their portal via the Learn app.
- To follow a playlist, navigate to the Playlist Details page for the playlist and tap the Note: If the user is offline, the button is disabled. button.
Users can unfollow playlists they have followed by tapping thebutton on the Playlist Details page for the playlist. This option is only available if the user is already following the playlist.
Users can access the My Playlists page from Learner Home in both iOS and Android. For Android users, My Playlists can also be accessed from the app navigation drawer. On the My Playlists page, there are two tabs. On the My Playlists page, there are two tabs:
- Created - This tab shows any playlists the user has created. It is not possible to create or edit playlists from within the Cornerstone Learn app, but the user can tap their playlist to view its Playlist Details page and access actions for the playlist.
- Followed - This tab displays any playlists the user has followed. The user can tap a followed playlist to view its Playlist Details page and access actions for the playlist.
Access Playlist Training
- Users can consume any mobile-enabled content contained in a playlist from within the Learn app. Available actions for the training include Request, Launch, Complete, Save for Later, and View Training Details, and in some cases, Download.
- Playlists respect the Mobile Enabled filter, meaning that if this filter is enabled, the user will only see playlists that are mobile-enabled on the Playlist Details page. To also see non mobile-enabled training, the user can navigate to the Settings page of the app and disable the Show Only Mobile Training setting.
If a user is offline, they will only be able to consume training that was previously downloaded.
Launch External Content
- Users can launch external content contained in a playlist from within the Learn app.
Learn app users can share playlists with others using the app. To share a playlist, navigate to the Playlist Details and tap the Share option to generate a deeplink and share the deeplink with other users via native iOS and Android sharing features.
The following considerations apply to playlist sharing on iOS:
- If a user is online AND the playlist is private, the Share option is hidden.
- If a user is offline AND the playlist is private, the Share option is hidden.
- If a user is offline AND the playlist is public, the Share option is disabled.