- System Credentials
- Biometric Information
Within the desktop version of the Cornerstone system, navigate to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
- From the Cornerstone desktop application, click the button.
- Provide a device name and provide a temporary 5-digit PIN.
- The system will generate a device key.
- Launch the Learn app. An link will display on the login screen, along with a field for the system portal name.
- Input your portal name and tap the link.
- Tap the Register Device option.
- Input your temporary 5-digit pin and device key.
- The app will prompt you to create a new 6-digit pin.
- After you have configured a pin, you will be logged into the app. Continue to use this 6-digit pin for future logins.
Users can deregister their device by tapping thelink on the Settings page.
When a user initially accesses the Cornerstone Learn app, they are first prompted to enable biometric authentication for the app. If the user does not enable biometric authentication, the app will then prompt the user to configure a PIN.
- To enable biometric authentication, tap the button when prompted, and complete the setup process with your phone. Once biometric authentication is configured, the user will be prompted for biometric authentication each time they log in, unless they change their authentication method via the Settings tab.
- To bypass enablement of biometric authentication, tap the button. You will then be prompted to configure a PIN instead.
If the user's attempt to enable biometric authentication fails, they will be prompted to reauthenticate.
The user can attempt to try again, or they can cancel the biometric authentication setup. The user will be prompted to configure a PIN if they cancel the biometric authentication setup.
If the user does not configure biometric authentication, the user is then prompted to configure a PIN for future logins.
Users can create a six digit PIN Code which they will be prompted for each time they log into the Cornerstone Learn app. After configuring a PIN, the user will be prompted for that PIN each time they log into the app, unless the user changes their authentication method. Login authentication settings can be changed at any time from the Settings tab of the app.
Depending on your organization's portal and application configurations, the beginning of your users' login experiences may differ slightly. See below for details:
- For SSO Users: Upon entering a valid portal name, "smart" logic is applied during login. If a user is configured for SSO, upon tapping the button, the user is navigated to the SSO page.
- For Credential Users: Upon entering a valid portal name, "smart" logic is applied during login. If a user's portal has no SSO configurations, upon tapping the button, the user is navigated to the credentials page.
For organizations using both SSO and credentials: Upon entering a valid portal name, users are directed to the Username page. Upon entering their username, the app checks whether the user is in an organizational unit that has SSO enabled in Mobile Preferences.
If YES: User is navigated to the SSO page
If NO: User is navigated to the Learn App password screen
- If a portal has no SSO configurations and a user taps the link, the SSO option will not appear.
- If a user is offline, the link is disabled .
- The link is in a disabled state until a valid portal name is entered.
SSO Sign On
If SSO functionality is enabled, users can log into the application via SSO either by using their portal log-in information or biometric information. Note: Users can only use biometric information to log in after they have logged in at least once using SSO and associated their biometric information with their login.
To access the SSO Sign On page on the app, swipe the Credentials login page to the left. Then, populate the following fields:
- Portal - The name of your organization's learning portal
- Username - Your username for your organization's learning portal
After populating the required fields, tap thebutton. If the SSO authentication is successful, you are granted access to the application. If the credentials are incorrect or an error occurs, an error message displays and you can attempt to re-enter your credentials.
Note: The button is disabled until all required fields are populated.
Note: The SSO page is visible even for organizations that do not support SSO.
After a user logs in to the Cornerstone Learn app with SSO, they are prompted to associate the biometric information that they have on their phone to their login.
- When a user associates the biometric information on their phone with their login, the user can then log in to the Cornerstone Learn app using the SSO login method and fingerprint or facial recognition, depending on their device.
- If a user chooses not to associate the biometric information on their phone with their login, then the user can make this association from the Settings page within the app.
To reconfigure the authentication settings for the app at any time, the user can navigate to the Settings tab. To enable a different form of authentication, toggle the switch for that authentication type to the On position. The app will prompt the user to configure the enabled authentication type.
If the user's portal language is different than their device's language, when the user logs in for the first time, an alert displays in the user's device language, stating that a new language has been detected, and in order for the app to switch to the user's portal language, the app must be restarted. Users only need to restart the app one time in order for the language change to take effect. When the user logs in again, the entire application displays in the user's portal language instead of their device language. If the portal language is the same as the device language, no alert displays.