The Point-in-Time Headcount feature enables administrators to retrieve and view employee records on any specified date. By default, all active employee records for the specified date are exported to a .csv file in comma delimited or pipe delimited format. Inactive employees may be included in the export if desired. The employee’s status will be based on the selected date.
Users with the appropriate permission can create, re-run, and download a headcount report.
To access the Point-in-Time Headcount page, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Point-in-Time Headcount - Manage||Grants user permission to export the full employee record for a specified date. This permission is only available for organizations using Cornerstone for HR.||Core Administration|
Use thebutton to export headcount details to a .csv file. If the records exceed 1 million rows, the files are separated into multiple files.
Note: If this is the very first export, the Point-in-Time Headcount page appears empty with only the . button visible
To export headcount details, follow these steps:
- Click the button. The Create Export fly-out opens.
- In the Date of Employee Records field, select the appropriate date from which you want to view employee record data. No records will be returned for dates prior to when the effective date was turned on.
- In the Employee Status field, select the type of employees to include in the export. Options are:
- Active Employees Only - Click to export only active employees.
- Active and Inactive Employees - Click to export active and inactive employees.
- In the File Format field, select the appropriate format for the report output file:
- CSV - Comma Delimited - Data is separated by a comma.
- CSV - Pipe Delimited - Data is separated by a pipe ( | ).
- Click the Job Status changes to Complete and the and options appear. button. When the export is done, the
To view the downloaded files, click See Download the Exported File..
To re-run the export, click See Re-Run the Export..
My Exports Table
The My Exports table displays the 20 most recent exports. The table displays the following information for each export:
- Date Created - The date and time the data was requested.
- Export Name - The name of the exported file. There may be several files listed. The format is : Employees_YYYY_MM_DD.
- Record Count - The number of exported user records.
- Job Status - The status of the export. Options are:
- Complete - The export job is done and can be downloaded or re-run.
- Estimated Time - The export is in progress. This job can be canceled if necessary.
- Failed - The export did not complete and an error message may appear. This job can be re-run.
- Queued - The export is submitted, but cannot begin until a previously submitted export is done.
Clickto export the data again. If you want to view the exported files, click .
Clickto download the exported data to a location of your choice.
Clickto stop exports that are in queued or running status.