Register an MFA Device with a QR Code
Using the QR code is the most convenient way to register a device for multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Prerequisites: See Multi-factor Authentication Overview.
Steps to register a device with a QR Code
- On your smartphone, open the virtual authenticator app.
- In the app, select the option to add an account or scan a QR code.
- Use your smartphone's camera to scan the QR code on your computer screen. The app will automatically recognize the code and add the account.
- After adding the account to your virtual authenticator app, the app will generate a one-time code. Enter this code into the Cornerstone MFA page to verify the setup and confirm that the virtual authenticator app is correctly set up.
- Once verified, your MFA device is active. Now, each time you log in to your account, you must open your virtual authenticator app to generate a temporary code to complete the login process. See Log in Using Multi-factor Authentication.