Rating Scales are used to set the values that employees can select when completing a rating of themselves or others. They represent an exact point value that can be converted into a percentage based on the scale range.
Rating scales are commonly used to measure proficiency, but they may also be used to measure something other than skill proficiency. For example, you might want to ask employees how much they want to develop a skill. Your scale might look like this:
- Very Interested
- Somewhat Interested
- Not Interested
A skill-specific rating scale could even use statements to describe different scores using domain-specific phrasing like this (Skill-specific scales will be available in a future release):
- Plays piano like a virtuoso
- Can play a nice tune with sheet music available
- Knows the basic keys and scales
- Has never played piano
Administrators may view and edit the rating scales that are used to measure a user's enjoyment, interest, and proficiency in a capability.
To manage capabilities rating scales, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|User Ratings||For end users, this permission grants ability to perform ratings and view ratings. For administrators, this permission is required along with the specific user ratings administration permissions to edit rating scales or templates. This permission cannot be constrained.||Core Administration|
Edit Rating Scale
To edit a capability rating scale, select the See Capability Rating Scales - Edit.link for the appropriate rating scale in the list.
Rating Scales List
The following information is listed for each existing capability rating scale:
- Name - This displays the name that was given for the rating scale when it was created or modified.
- Dimension - This displays whether the rating scale is used to rate a user's proficiency, interest, or enjoyment in a capability.
- Range - This displays the scale's lowest rating and highest rating.
- Last Modified - This displays the date on which the rating scale was last modified and the administrator who modified it.
Default Rating Scales
The following capability rating templates are available by default:
- Standard Enjoyment Rating Scale
- Standard Interest Rating Scale
- Standard Proficiency Rating Scale