Capability Model - Create - Model Details
A Capability Model is a defined group of critical capabilities that a particular audience or group should either have or be developing. Capability Models can influence a user's suggested skills if the selected organizational unit audience aligns with the user's profile.
To create a Capability Model, go to. Then, select the button.
To edit a Capability Model, go to. Then, select the link for the appropriate Capability Model.
|Capabilities - Capability Models Library - Edit
|Grants ability to access the Capability Models Library and create and edit Capability Models. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.
|Capabilities - Capability Models Library - Manage
|Grants ability to access the Capability Models Library and create, edit, and deactivate Capability Models. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.
Enter Capability Model Details
Enter the following information for the Capability Model:
- Capability Model ID - When editing a capability, the model ID is displayed, but this value cannot be edited.
- Name - Enter a descriptive name for the Capability Model. The character limit is 250. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Description - Enter a clear description for the Capability Model. The character limit is 2000. If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, select the Translate icon to translate the field into other available languages.
- Select Your Audience - Select the button to select one or more organizational units to define the audience for the Capability Model. Administrators can select any type of organizational unit, including custom organizational units. Once an organizational unit is selected, administrators may select the Include Subordinates option to also include subordinate organizational units in the audience.
- Critical Skills - Select which skills are critical for the Capability Model by selecting the Plus icon next to the skill name. In this section, a list of suggested capabilities is displayed based on the Capability Model name and description. Suggestions are only displayed after entering a name, description, or audience. Administrators may also search for a skill by name. At least one skill must be selected.
View Skill Details
To view the details of a suggested or selected skill, select the skill name.
Remove a Selected Skill
To remove a selected skill, select the Remove icon to the right of the skill name.
Select thebutton to save the current model as a draft. The model does not impact any users' suggested skills until it is published.
Select the Skills You Might Have section of their Skills Profile. Users are not suggested any critical skills that they have already declared.button to save and publish the Capability Model. When a Capability Model is published, any user who is within the model's defined audience is provided the model's critical skills as suggested skills in the