To create a test, go to. Then, click the link.
Enter the following information on the Structure section:
- Time Limit Minutes - Enter a number to define the time limit for users to take the test. Maximum is 300 minutes. Leave blank for no time limit.
- Keep time running if user exits test early - Check to allow timer to run even after the user has exited their test attempt.
- Passing Score - Enter passing score percentage. If left blank, defaults to 80%.
- Early Exit - To allow or disallow users to exit the test in the middle and continue, or to require completion of the test in one sitting.
- Allow the person being tested to save any progress and return to the test at a later point - Click radio button to allow.
- The person taking the test must proceed all the way through, or accept the score assessed at the point of early exit - Click radio button to allow.
- Maximum Number of Test Entries - Enter the number of times a user can launch the same test attempt before they are locked out of the test attempt and their test is automatically scored based on their existing answers. Users can only attempt the test if the test has time remaining. If this field is empty or if "0" is entered, then the user is able to launch the same test attempt an unlimited number of times.
- Order Randomization Options:
- Randomize Sections - Check to have sections appear in random order. If it is unchecked the items will appear in the original order listed.
- Randomize Questions - Check to have questions appear in random order. If it is unchecked the items will appear in the original order listed. Note: The Always Include option for a question is only available if this option is selected.
- Score Test Using Custom Weighting - Check to allow administrator to enter a point/weight distribution for the test. Leaving it blank will score all questions equally.
In the Questions section, sections and questions can be added to the test.
Each section is considered a page break on the test and at least one section is required.
To add a section to the test, click the Add Section icon . This opens the Add Section pop-up.
- Section Title - Enter title for section (required field). For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Section Directions - Enter directions for section. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Click .
To add a question to a section, click the Add Question icon to the right of the section title. Any new questions added using the add question icon will append to that specific section of the test. Note: When creating, copying, or editing a test, the questions available to select on the Structure step are dependent upon the constraints of the administrator's permission to manage tests within Test Engine. If there are no questions available based on the permission constraints, then no questions appear in the Search Questions pop-up.
Within the Add Questions pop-up, the following functionality is available:
- Search for question by name or category. Select the Include Subordinates option to include subordinate categories in the search. See Question Bank - Questions Tab.
- Add - Click to add individual Question or click link to add all questions from search results.
- Click to add the selected questions
In the Questions section, the following options may be available for each question:
- Always Include - Select this option for any question to always display that question for user in the randomized question options. The Always Include option is only available when the Randomize Questions option is selected in the Test Details section.
- View - To preview question.
- Edit - Click to edit a question. Note: Editing a question changes that question in all tests the question has been used. Best Practice is to make changes to the grammar or correct errors but not change the meaning or the structure of the question.
- Delete - Click to remove a question from a section.