Course Publisher Overview
The Course Publisher functionality allows administrators to effectively manage content by uploading, validating, and integrating it into the Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS). The Course Publisher allows administrators to upload a new course, upload a new version of a course, and replace files in existing courses.
Important: The page description and instructions that are displayed at the top of this page can be edited and customized via Navigation Tabs and Links.
To access Course Publisher, go toor .
Administrators can only access the Course Publisher if they have been granted a content license and they have the proper permissions. A content license can be granted on the Manage Licenses page. See Manage Licenses.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Publisher Update||
Grants ability to update existing online training courses previously published via the course publisher. Administrators must also be granted a content license from the Manage Licenses page. This is an administrator permission.
With the Oct '17 release, after the Content Publisher is activated in the system, users with this permission are automatically granted the permission to modify online classes.
|Learning - Administration|
- Search Publication - Search for existing publication. A publication can be a SCORM 1.2 course, SCORM 2004 course, AICC course, or a group of SCORM or AICC courses.
- Create New Publication - Create a new publication. Up to 100 AICC courses or 250MB of SCORM courses can be zipped together and uploaded. See Create New Course/Publication.
- View Published/Pending Courses - View published or pending courses
- Replace Publication Files - Replace a publication. See Minor Course Changes - Replace Files.
- Edit - Edit existing publication. See Edit Course Before Publishing.
- Remove Publication - Remove a publication that has not been published
Update a Course
When updating a course, it is important to understand what types of changes you are making to the course. To help determine which process is best for your course changes, See Update a Course.
Helpful Hints - Document Types and Size
If a user has permission to update a publication via Course Publisher, then that administrator will be able to view the directory list of files included in a publication to replace or append to those files. If files for an existing publication are modified, then all users registered in that course will see those changes immediately.
Helpful Hints - Replace/Reversion
- Replace Publication Files - The course's publication files are replaced if the course has the exact same file structure as the original publication, for example correcting a spelling error or changing text. This process simply overwrites the previous version with the new files you upload and updates the course in a user's transcript. You can check to see if the course files were uploaded by clicking on the View Updates History link that is available after you click the Replace Publication Files icon .
- When replacing a course, the old course files are overwritten and the new course files and are immediately applied to all users in any status, including users in a Completed status.
- Publication files can only be replaced if the uploaded course has an identical manifest to the existing course. If the manifests are not exactly the same, then you cannot replace the publication files. Instead, you must reversion the course.
- Reversion - The course is reversioned if you are changing the structure from the previous version, for example adding a page or a new section.
- When a new version is created, the version number is increased.
- The course will then be added to the Course Catalog. You can search for it, just make sure you check the radio button for All Versions.
- Because this is considered a different course and uploaded as a new publication, if a user has this in their transcript they will not automatically get the new course.
- The new version will not overwrite the course for any users who currently have the course in their transcript, however new users will get the reversioned course.