Online Course - Create Version - Training Content (Step 1)
During the first step of creating a new version of an online course, upload the new course files.
To create a new version of an online course, go to Options drop-down menu and click the Create Version option.and click the link. Find the online coursein the Course Catalog and then click the course title. From the Course Console page, click the
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Online Class - Upload||
Grants access to the Content Uploader where an administrator can upload zip packages to create draft online classes. In addition, this permission grants the ability to upload a new zip package as part of the online class versioning process. This permission does NOT grant the ability to publish online classes. Without the permission to publish online classes, administrators with the permission to upload online classes can only upload and save online classes, which then must be published by administrators with the relevant permission.
As of November 10, 2017, this is the only permission which provides access to the Content Uploader page.
|Learning - Administration|
|Online Class Version - Publish||
Grants ability to upload and publish new online class versions. This permission works in conjunction with the permission for uploading online classes. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Users, and Providers. This is an administrator permission.
As of November 10, 2017, this permission does NOT provide access to the Content Uploader page.
|Learning - Administration|
To upload a new set of course files:
- Drag and drop your zipped SCORM or AICC course files into the Upload Files box, or click the button and select the zipped course files from your computer. Note: Courses must be zipped into a single zip file. You can upload up to 750 MB per file.
- After the course files have been added, they will begin uploading. Click the
button to view the most current status of the upload. A progress bar below the files displays the ongoing upload progress for the files. Each set of files displays the following information:
- File name
- File Type
- Status (i.e. Uploading, Critical Error)
- If there are problems with the upload, the status changes to Critical Error, and you can click the See Online Course - View Errors.. Note: You cannot use content that is uploaded with a critical error, but you can use content that is uploaded with errors. Once the files successfully finish uploading, they are transferred to the Processing section. Continue managing the upload from the Processing section. button to view the reasons for the upload errors and address any issues.
Note: It is recommended that you always preview your uploaded files to ensure the new version will play as expected once published.
Once the files have finished uploading, you can preview the course by clicking thebutton next to the files. If needed, you can delete the files and upload a new set of course files by clicking the Delete icon. If the course previews as expected, populate the following fields for the new version of the course:
- Training Title - Enter the title for the new online course version. By default, the title for the previous course version is populated. This field is required.
- Training Description - Enter the description for the new online class version. Formatting options are available for the training description. By default, the description for the previous course version is populated. This field is limited to 5000 characters.
- Training Hours - Enter the number of training hours received for completion of the online course. The training hours from the manifest of the new version populate in this field automatically.
- Provider - This field displays the provider of the online course. This field is read-only and is automatically populated from the original course version.
- Enable for Mobile App - Choose the Yes option to enable this online class version for the mobile app. Choose the No option if the online course should not be available through the mobile app.
Save and Cancel
Once ready to proceed to the next step in the online course versioning process, click the See Online Course - Create Version - Versioning Options (Step 2).button and continue to the Versioning Options page.
To leave this page without saving any uploads or selections you have made, click thebutton.
- If an upload is currently in progress for the online course when an administrator navigates to the Course Console page, a notification displays at the top of the Content section, alerting them to the in progress upload. If the administrator wishes to view the in progress upload, they can click the Note: Clicking the option will erase any edits made to the Training Information section. Always preview the upload BEFORE editing the Training Information button which displays in the notification. This directs the administrator to the versioning workflow. To resume the upload, click the button.
Multi-standard course packages are not allowed for versioning.
Online Course Reversioning - Course Catalog Settings
When an online course is reversioned, the following Course Catalog settings are copied to the new version from the previous version: