Content Uploader - Upload Files
The Content Uploader page allows administrators to easily upload and track online course files. The Content Uploader page allows administrators to upload multiple course files at one time, view upload statuses, and access the Upload History page. The following Content Uploader sections indicate the current status of the uploaded course files and allow the administrator to take action on the files:
Note: If no files meet the criteria for the Processing, Needs Provider, or Draft Ready sections, the associated section does not display on the page.
To access the Content Uploader, go toand click the link.
Note: Content Publisher functionality is only available after it has been activated in your portal. To access Content Activation Preferences, go toand click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Catalog - View||
Grants access to view the learning objects in the course catalog and enables administrators to view the Course Console and the Popular Requests and Highest Rated widgets on the Learning Admin Console (in conjunction with the Learning Admin Console - View permission). This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Training Type, Training Item, Provider, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, and User's LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
|Learning - Administration|
|Online Class - Publish||
Grants access to two pieces of functionality:
As of November 10, 2017, this permission does NOT provide access to the Content Uploader page.
|Learning - Administration|
|Online Class - Upload||
Grants access to the Content Uploader where an administrator can upload zip packages to create draft online classes. In addition, this permission grants the ability to upload a new zip package as part of the online class versioning process. This permission does NOT grant the ability to publish online classes. Without the permission to publish online classes, administrators with the permission to upload online classes can only upload and save online classes, which then must be published by administrators with the relevant permission.
As of November 10, 2017, this is the only permission which provides access to the Content Uploader page.
|Learning - Administration|
|Content Uploader - Manage Uploads with Undefined Providers.||Allows administrators to view and manage uploads with undefined providers on the Uploads History page.||Learning - Administration|
|Upload History - View||Grants ability to view the Upload History page.||Learning - Administration|
The Options drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the Content Uploader page allows you to both refresh the page and view the Content Uploader's upload history:
- See Online Course - Upload History. - Click this link to navigate to the Upload History page. For more information about Upload History,
- - Click this link to refresh the page and view updated upload statuses.
To upload a new set of course files:
- Drag and drop your zipped SCORM or AICC course files into the Upload Files box, or click the button and select the zipped course files from your computer. Note: Courses must be zipped into a single zip file. Any zip file must contain only one standard (AICC or SCORM or xAPI). You can upload up to 750 MB per file.
- After the course files have been added, they will begin uploading. A progress bar below the files displays the ongoing upload progress for the files. Each set of files displays the following information:
- File Name
- File Type
- Status (i.e. Uploading, Critical Error)
- If there are problems with the upload, the status changes to Critical Error, and you can click the button to view the reasons for the upload errors and address any issues. Once the files successfully finish uploading, they are transferred to the Processing section. Continue managing the upload from the Processing section.
If needed, you can delete a set of course files from the Upload Files section by clicking thebutton.
Uploaded files move to the Processing section while the system checks the files for errors.
When a set of course files is transferred to the Processing section, click the Provider drop-down menu and select the provider for the course. After a Provider has been selected, the set of course files moves to the Draft Ready section once processing is completed.
If needed, you can delete a set of course files from the Processing section by clicking thebutton.
If the course provider still needs to be selected for the course files after they finish processing, the files appear in the Needs Provider section. To select a provider for a course:
- Click the button. A flyout opens.
- The system's providers appear in the paginated flyout, with up to twenty providers per page. To search for a specific provider, the administrator can either enter the provider's name into the Provider Name search bar and clicking the Search button, or they can page through the list of providers to find the correct provider. Select a provider and then click the button to close the flyout and add the provider to the course.
Once a provider is selected, the course files automatically move to the Draft Ready section, and a draft is created automatically in the Course Catalog.
Once a set of course files moves to the Draft Ready section, its status changes to Uploaded Successfully, and it is available in the Course Catalog as a draft.
Using the Course Catalog, you can configure the metadata for the new online course and also preview the Training Details page for the course. Click the button to be redirected to the Course Catalog search page, where you can configure the metadata for the course, such as the title, keywords, approval workflows, pricing, and more. When you access the Course Catalog from the Content Uploader page, the Course Catalog is pre-filtered to display only online courses in a Draft status. See Course Catalog Search - New.
If needed, you can archive items in the Draft Ready section by clicking thebutton. Archived courses are then only accessible either via the Upload History page or as draft courses in Course Catalog. You can also delete uploaded files from the Content Uploader by clicking the button.
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|