Up to 60 custom bonus types can be created. The default bonus type is not included in the limit. However, both active and inactive custom bonus types are included.
To access the Bonus Types administration page, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Compensation Bonus Types - Manage||Grants ability to create and manage additional bonus components within the compensation module. This is an administrator permission.||Compensation - Administration|
Add Bonus Type
To add a new bonus type, click the Add Bonus Type link. This adds a blank field at the bottom of the list. In the field, enter the name of the bonus type. The name should describe the purpose of the bonus type. The character limit is 25. Then, click the Save icon in the Options column. Up to 60 custom bonus types can be added, which does not include the default bonus type.
Bonus Types Table
For each bonus type in the table, the following information is displayed:
- Bonus Type - This is the title of the bonus type. It should also describe the purpose of the bonus type. This is required.
- Last Updated - This is the date on which the bonus type was last updated. If the bonus type has not yet been modified, this column is empty.
- Last Updated By - This is the user by which the bonus type was last updated. If the bonus type has not yet been modified, this column is empty.
- Active - This option is selected by default. Deselect this option to make the bonus type inactive. Deactivating a bonus type hides it from compensation adjustment guidelines, templates, tasks, and reporting administration screens. After adjusting the active settings for the bonus type, you must click Done to implement the changes.
- The Bonus bonus type is always active and cannot be deleted.
- If a bonus type is deactivated, tasks that are deployed that contain the bonus type are unaffected.
- New adjustment guidelines, reports, templates, etc. do not have access to an inactive bonus type.
- Existing templates that contain the deactivated bonus type are not affected, so new tasks are still able to use the deactivated bonus type via the template.
Bonus Type Options
The following options are available for each bonus type:
- Edit - Click this option to edit the bonus type. Only one bonus type can be edited at a time.
- Translate - If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, click the Translate icon to localize the bonus type to all available languages.
- Delete - Click this option to delete the bonus type. This option is only available if the bonus type has not been used in any adjustment guideline, template, or task.
After adjusting the active settings for the base type, you must click to implement the changes.