Up to 60 custom base types can be created. The four default base types are not included in the limit. However, both active and inactive custom base types are included.
To access the Base Types administration screen, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Compensation Base Types||Grants ability to create, modify, deactivate, and delete compensation base types. This is an administrator permission.||Compensation - Administration|
Add Base Type
To add a new base type, click thelink. This adds a blank field at the bottom of the list. In the field, enter the name of the base type. The name should describe the purpose of the base type. Then, click the Save icon in the Options column. Up to 60 custom base types can be added, which does not include the four default base types.
Base Types Table
For each base type in the table, the following information is displayed:
- Base Type - This is the title of the base type. It should also describe the purpose of the base type. This is required.
- Last Updated - This is the date on which the base type was last updated. If the base type has not yet been modified, this column is empty.
- Last Updated By - This is the user by which the base type was last updated. If the base type has not yet been modified, this column is empty.
- Include in Base Salary - Select this option to include the base type in the calculation of a user's new salary during the compensation task and also include the base type as part of the user's base salary in the ensuing compensation statement.
- For open compensation tasks, changes to this value only affect subsequent edits of existing drafts and new drafts of the task. All submitted drafts are not affected.
- Active - This option is selected by default. Deselect this option to make the base type inactive. Deactivating a base type hides it from compensation adjustment guidelines, templates, tasks, and reporting administration screens. After adjusting the active settings for the base type, you must click Done to implement the changes.
- The Promotion and Merit Increase base types are always active and cannot be deleted.
- If a base type is deactivated, tasks that are deployed that contain the base type are unaffected.
- New adjustment guidelines, reports, templates, etc. do not have access to an inactive base type.
- Existing templates that contain the deactivated base type are not affected, so new tasks are still able to use the deactivated base type via the template.
Base Type Options
The following options are available for each base type:
- Edit - Click this option to edit the base type. Only one base type can be edited at a time.
- Translate - If multiple languages are enabled for your portal, click the Translate icon to localize the base type to all available languages.
- Delete - Click this option to delete the base type. This option is only available if the base type has not been used in any adjustment guideline, template, or task.
After adjusting the active settings for the base type, you must clickto implement the changes.
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|