When reversioning a certification, the administrator is presented with three different options for which users will be assigned the certification.
Apply changes to:
- All users, including
those who are currently in a period affected by the new version - If an administrator selects this option, they can expect one of the following two outcomes:
- If the end user has one of the following certification statuses for their current active period, they are expected to receive the latest version:
- If the end user has one of the following certification statuses for their current active period, they are NOT expected to receive the latest version:
- Expired Pending Renewal Completion Approval
- Certified Pending Renewal Completion Approval
- Pending Completion Approval
- Only users who are currently
not in an affected period.For affected users, changes will apply to future
periods only - If an administrator selects this option, they can expect one of the following two outcomes:
- If the administrator made modifications to the period schedule, only certified users who are not in the affected period will receive the latest version. All other users are not expected to receive the latest version.
If the administrator did not make changes to the period schedule and then reversions the certification, no users are expected to receive the latest version. Users will receive the latest version in the future certification period.
- Changes will be applied to users who are currently not registered in this certification only - Users with a certification status of Denied for their current active period dp not receive the latest version. All other users receive the latest version.
Note: If multiple versions of a certification exist (e.g., v1, v2, v3), and a new version is created (e.g., v4) by editing the first version (v1), when users are moved to the new version, users are moved from all versions (v1, v2, and v3), not just users from v1.
In the Comments field, add a comment regarding the versioning. The purpose of the changes should be mentioned. The character limit for this field is 250.
Clickto submit the changes and create a new version.
This workflow is intended to ensure that only users who require the latest version of the certification receive it.
When a certification is reversioned, approvals and denials associated with external training inside the certification persist to the new version. Approval requests for external training are not re-triggered, and credits earned from external training are maintained when the certification is reversioned.
See the table below for more information about how external training within a reversioned certification behavior is updated with this release:
|Last Published: 9/10/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|