Certification versioning enables organizations to track historical certification records. In general, a certification is only re-versioned when one or more users are affected by the change.
Regarding creator constraints, the constraints from the initial certification creator are used for all versions.
When a certification is versioned, any external training that users have mapped to the certification are remapped to the new version.
For information about the certification Versioning page: See Certification Versioning Selection Page.
With regards to versioning and determining if a user is affected by a certification change, the following rules apply:
- If a user is Pending Approval or Pending Prerequisites, the user is considered "In Progress" for the certification period.
- If a user is Pending Completion Approval, Certified (Pending Completion Approval), or Expired (Pending Completion Approval), the user is considered "Completed" for the certification period. Changes only appear for the user in the new period.
- If a user is Expired, the user is considered "In Progress" for the certification period.
- If the changes are pushed to In Progress users, then Expired users get the new version of the period.
- If the user has completed all new requirements, then the expired user can go from Expired to Expired (Pending Completion Approval).
- If the changes are applied future users only, then the Expired user is not affected.
- If a user is Denied, then the user has to re-request the certification and is considered a new user. This user receives the newest version of the certification.
- Users in a Revoked status only receive the new version if they re-request the certification or the certification is reassigned to them.
When a certification is versioned, approvals and denials associated with external training inside the certification persist to the new version. Approval requests for external training are not re-triggered, and credits earned from external training are maintained when the certification is versioned.
See the table below for more information about how external training within a reversioned certification behavior is updated with this release:
Certification Reversioning - Child Training Behaviors
When a training item inside a certification is versioned and the user has not requested or has not activated the previous version of that training item, the lowest active version of the training item displays in the certification transcript. This behavior ensures the user can complete the certification. If a training item inside a certification is activated, the expected behavior is not changed.
See the table below for different versioning scenarios and their expected outcomes with Replace Versioning and Versioning with Append:
When a training inside a certification is versioned and a user has not activated the previous version, the certification displays the lowest active version. This ensures the user can access and complete the training that is required for their certification.
|Version Material A with Replace||
|Version Material B with Append||
|Version Material B with Append and Material B - V2 is no longer effective||