Manage training purpose categories by clicking thelink on the Training Purpose page. From this page, you can:
- Add a category.
- View existing and inactive categories and the criteria set for those categories. The default order displays the most recently created category first.
- Sort columns by Name or Created By.
- Activate or inactivate a category.
- Edit all fields of a category, even if the category has been selected by an approver.
- View the modification history of a category.
- Delete a category that has not been selected by an approver.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Training Purpose Administration - Manage||Grants ability to manage Training Purposes. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Training Purpose Categories - Manage||Grants access to manage Training Purpose categories. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
- To create a category, click the link.
- Select the Include Inactive option to display inactive categories in the results table. The page refreshes automatically. The box is unchecked by default.
- The name of the category displays in the Name column. The column can be sorted alphabetically, either ascending or descending.
- The name of the user who created the category displays in the Created By column. The column can be sorted alphabetically, either ascending or descending.
- Displays the numerical value of the number of steps that should be added to the approval workflow if an approver selects the associated category.
- The Active checkbox is checked by default. Select the checkbox to make the category inactive. When inactive but not yet selected by a user, the category does not display in the Category drop-down on the approval page or in the Category drop-down when editing the training details of an LO on a user's transcript. When made inactive after being selected by a user, the category is still visible on the user's transcript and in the Training Hours table on the transcript, but the category can no longer be selected by approvers.
- The following options are available in the Options column:
- Edit - Categories can be edited even if the category has been selected by a user. When changing the name of a category that has been previously selected by a user, the name changes for the user and is visible on the user's transcript.
- History - View the modification history of a category.
- Delete - Categories can only be deleted if the category has never been selected by an approver. Once a category has been selected by an approver, it can no longer be deleted but can be inactivated.
To add a category from the Define Categories page, click the Note: Categories are only used during an approval workflow. If an approval workflow is not required at the LO or user record level, then a category is not populated for the purpose.link to display the Create Category pop-up.
- Language - If multiple languages are available for the portal, the category can be localized by selecting the appropriate language from the Language drop-down list.
- Name - Enter the name of the category, up to 25 characters.
- Conditional Approvals - Enter the numerical value of the number of steps that should be added to the approval workflow when the category is selected. The default approval is zero. Edits to this field do not interrupt an in progress approval workflow. Note: Conditional approvals require a two step process. SeeTraining Purpose Overview for more information on the two step training purpose process.
- Availability - Select the users to whom you want to make the category available. If no availability is selected, then the category will not be visible on the approval page or when editing a category on the Training Details page but will still be visible on the Training Purpose Administration page.
- Cancel - Select to close the Create Category pop-up without committing the field selections.
- Submit - Select to commit the field selections and close the Create Category pop-up.