The Training Plan Budget page enables administrators to define a budget for a training plan. Administrators are able to define a training budget that is managed within the system and an external budget that is managed outside of the system. The availability of this functionality is controlled by a backend setting. Tra
Note: Administrators with permission to manage budgets for training plans are able to see budgets for all organizational units (OUs) within the organization.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|OU Group - View||Grants access to view existing custom groups. This permission can be constrained by OU. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|OU Hierarchy - Manage||Grants ability to create and update/edit organizational units. This permission grants access to all OU types, both standard and custom. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Self Registration Groups - View||Grants ability to view Self Registration Groups when selecting Availability (for Training, Tasks, learning assignments, etc.) or User Criteria (for Learning Assignments). This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Training Forecast Administration||Grants access to create and edit training plans. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Training Plans Budgeting - Manage||Grants ability to define and edit budgets for training plans. Users with this permission can view the company training budget. Users must also have the Training Forecast Administration permission. This permission cannot be constrained.||Learning|
|Training Plans Budgeting - View||Grants ability to view budgets for training plans. This permission cannot be constrained.||Learning|
Budgets are defined by OUs, including custom OUs and self-registration groups.
Define Budget Criteria
Before setting budgets for a training plan, the administrator must select the OU type and currency that is used to set budgets. Select the following budget criteria:
- Select Organizational Unit - From the drop-down list, select the OU type by which training plan budgets are set. When an OU type is selected, all of the available parent-level OUs of the selected type are displayed in the Budgets table. For example, if Division is selected, then budgets for the corresponding training plan are set by division OUs and all of the parent-level division OUs are displayed in the Budgets table. Users are only able to select the OU types for which they have permission to view. Note: If an OU type is selected, budgets are defined, and then the OU type is changed, all budgets are removed. A warning message is displayed prior to clearing all defined budgets.
- Select Currency - From the drop-down list, select the currency that is used in the budgets. All currency values on the Training Plan Budget page are displayed in the selected currency. Note: If budgets are defined and the currency is changed, then the system converts the amounts based on the exchange rates.
Budget Overview Information
In the upper-right corner of the Budgets table, a Budget Overview panel displays a summary of the training plan budget. The Budget Overview information is always based on the entire training plan budget, regardless of the search filters that are applied or if the administrator is a child level of OUs. The following information is displayed:
- Total Budget - This displays the sum of all defined budgets from the Budgets table.
- Total Allocated - This displays the sum of all budget allocations from the Budgets table. This does not necessarily correspond to a budget that has been defined.
- Remaining - This displays the total remaining budget that has not yet been allocated, based on total defined budgets and total allocations.
Search for a Budget
Administrators can search for an OU within the Budgets table by division name or ID using the Division and Division ID fields.
Print Training Plan Budgets
Administrators can print or export to Excel all budgets within the training plan by clicking the Print or Export to Excel icons in the upper-right corner of the Budgets panel. All parent OU budgets are included in the output, regardless of whether they are defined. All child OU budgets that are defined are included in the output and are grouped by parent OU.
The following information is displayed for each OU in the Budget table:
- Title - This displays the name of the OU. All OUs are displayed in a hierarchical manner. By default, all parent-level OUs are displayed. Administrators can view the child OUs for a parent OU by clicking the Expand icon to the left of the parent OU title.
- ID - This displays the OU ID.
- Training Budget - This displays the training plan budget for the corresponding OU. This budget determines the maximum amount of training needs that can be forecasted for the OU via the training plan. This value can be edited by clicking the Edit icon to the right of the amount. See the Set a Budget or External Allocation for an OU section for additional information.
- Training Allocated - This displays the total amount of training needs that have been allocated for the OU via the training plan. As the training plan is updated, this value is automatically updated by the system. If the amount of training that is allocated exceeds the budget amount, then the allocated amount appears in red.
- External Budget - This displays the external budget for planned training needs that are managed outside the system. This value can be edited by clicking the Edit icon to the right of the amount. See the Set a Budget or External Allocation for an OU section for additional information.
- External Allocated - This displays the total amount of training needs that have been allocated for the OU outside the system. If the amount of training that is allocated exceeds the budget amount, then the allocated amount appears in red. Because these training needs are being allocated outside the system, this value can be edited by clicking the Edit icon to the right of the amount. See the Set a Budget or External Allocation for an OU section for additional information.
- Total Budget - This displays the sum of the training budget and the external budget.
- Total Allocated - This displays the sum of the training allocated and the external allocated.
Set a Budget or External Allocation for an OU
Administrators can only edit a budget or external allocation if they have permission to manage budgets. Additionally, administrators can only edit a training budget value if it is within the Budget Period for the training plan. Administrators can edit external allocations and external budgets outside the Budget Period.
By default, if the budget or external allocation amount has never been modified, then "Undefined" is displayed, which is equal to an amount of 0.00. To edit a budget or external allocation value for an OU, click the Edit icon to the right of the amount. The amount becomes editable. In the editable field, enter an amount up to 99999999.99. Then, click the Save icon to save the amount, or click the Cancel icon to discard the changes.
Override Parent-Level OU Amount
When setting a budget or external allocation for parent and child OUs, the amount set for a parent-level OU must be greater than the sum of all amounts set for the child-level OUs within the parent-level OU. This is because child-level OU amounts do not automatically increase the budget or external allocation for the parent-level OU.
If the sum of all amounts set for child-level OUs exceeds the parent-level OU amount, then a warning message is displayed. Administrators can click thelink within the warning message to view a pop-up that details why the warning message is displayed.
To override a parent-level OU amount, click thebutton. This increases the parent-level OU budget or external allocation amount to match the sum of all child-level OU amounts. Otherwise, click the button to maintain all current amounts. However, the warning message displays until the parent-level OU amount is overridden or until the sum of the child-level OU amounts is decreased and is less than the parent-level OU amount.
|Last Published: 10/11/2021||If you have feedback or suggestions for an Online Help article, please select this link.||© 2021, Cornerstone OnDemand|