Training Demand Forecasting allows organizations to determine future training needs by collecting and reviewing training requests from selected parts of the organization. Collections of these needs enables the organization to plan, budget, assess, and implement an effective training program.
The Training Forecast Administration page allows training forecast administrators to create new plans and manage existing plans.
Co-owners can access this page, but can only access training plans for which they are a co-owner. Also, co-owners cannot create or delete any plans.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Training Forecast Administration||Grants access to create and edit training plans. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Training Plans Budgeting - Manage||Grants ability to define and edit budgets for training plans. Users with this permission can view the company training budget. Users must also have the Training Forecast Administration permission. This permission cannot be constrained.||Learning|
|Training Plans Budgeting - View||Grants ability to view budgets for training plans. This permission cannot be constrained.||Learning|
|Training Plan Co-Owner||This permission is not visible within the system because it is a dynamically assigned permission that is assigned to a user when they are designated as a co-owner for a training plan. Users with this permission can access the Training Forecast Administration page and can only access training plans for which they are a co-owner.||Learning|
Manage Training Plans
This page displays all the existing training plans that are visible to that user. Co-owners can only view training plans for which they are a co-owner. Up to 20 training plans display on a page, so you may have to move to subsequent pages to view a particular plan. The following information is available for each training plan:
- Training Plan Name
- Plan Period - This displays the start and end date of the plan.
- Language - This displays the language of the plan.
- Training Plan Creator
- Training Plan Owner - Up to three owners display. If more exist, they can be viewed by moving your mouse over the owner names.
- Training Plan Status - Possible statuses include:
- Not Started - A plan has a status of Not Started prior to the first date of the plan period. After the first date of the plan period, the plan may still have a status of Not Started if none of the plan contributors or plan managers has added a training request. If any participant of the plan has added an objective to their plan, the status of the plan from an administrator's perspective becomes In Progress. For example, Plan A is created on 11/15/2010 and the plan period is 1/1/2011-12/31/2011. This plan is assigned to all users in the Sales division. The status of the training plan is Not Started up until 1/1/2011. At that point, the status will remain as Not Started until a user in the Sales division adds a training request to their training plan.
- In Progress - A plan has a status of In Progress when at least one plan contributor has added at least one training request.
- Complete - A plan has a status of Complete when the end date of the plan period passes. It is possible for the administrator to extend the plan period of a completed plan as long as the plan is not yet Expired.
- Expired - A plan has a status of Expired when the expiration date defined by the administrator passes. The Edit icon on the Training Forecast Administration window changes to the View icon. When the administrator selects this icon, the administrator and owner can then view the steps of the plan, but cannot make any changes to the plan template.
If the administrator has permission to create training plans, the Create a New Plan link is available to them. This link is not available to co-owners. Selecting this link begins the process of creating a training plan template. See Training Plan - Create.
Search Training Plans
Using the search filters, administrators and co-owners can search for training plans. Only plans that are visible to the user display in the results table. Administrators can only view training plans that they have created as well as training plans created by other administrators within their constraints. Co-owners can only view training plans that they own.
The Language drop-down list allows you to filter search results by language. The Language drop-down list allows you to select more than one language by checking the box next to a language.
Using the Include Inactive check box, you can also include inactive plans in your search.
Training Plan - Activate or Deactivate
By default, when a plan is created, it is active. An administrator or co-owner can deactivate a plan by deselecting the Active check box next to the plan. When the Active box is unselected, the training plan does not appear on the Training Forecast Administration page unless the Include Inactive check box is selected. Note: Deactivating a plan does not prevent training from being assigned if the plan is configured to include a standard learning assignment and training requests were collected prior to the plan being deactivated. To prevent training from being assigned in this scenario, remove the training requests by removing the Contributor(s) from the Training Plan Details page.
Training Plan - Copy
Administrators can copy any plan they have created or any plan that is within their constraints. All training plan templates can be copied, regardless of their status or state, including inactive and expired templates. Co-owners cannot copy a training plan. To copy a plan, click the Copy icon in the Options column. This begins the process of copying the plan. See Training Plan - Copy.
Training Plan - Edit
Administrators can edit any plan they have created or any plan that is within their constraints. Co-owners can edit any plan of which they are an owner. To edit a plan, click the Edit icon in the Options column. This begins the process of editing the plan. See Training Plan - Edit.
Training Plan - View Details
Administrators can view the details of any plan they have created or any plan that is within their constraints. Co-owners can view any plan of which they are an owner. To view a plan, click the View Details icon in the Options column. This takes you to the View Details page for the training plan. See Training Plan Details - View.
Training Plan - Delete
Administrators can delete a plan that they have created or any plan that is within their constraints. Co-owners cannot delete a training plan. Only plans that have a Status of Not Started can be deleted.
Training Plan - Set Budget
The Training Plan Budget page enables administrators to define a budget for a training plan. Administrators are able to define a training budget that is managed within the system and an external budget that is managed outside of the system. The availability of this functionality is controlled by a backend setting. See Training Plan - Budget.
The following information is available within this folder. Click a link to navigate directly to the appropriate topic: