The Library training type will be deprecated with the November 2022 release! Click here to access the Library Training Type Deprecation Guide!
On the main page of the library creation process, configure basic information about the library, including the title, description, provider, and subject, as well as some behavioral settings for the library.
OR, go to. Then, click the button and click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Library Administration - Manage||Grants access to Library Administration screen, which enables administrators to create and manage libraries within the system. Only non-Cornerstone online courses can be added to a library. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
Enter the following information for the library:
- Library Title - Enter a descriptive title for the library. The character limit for this field is 500. When a library is copied, a new title must be entered, because each library must have a unique title. This field is required.
- Description - Enter a description for the library that describes the purpose and contents of the library. This field is not required and the character limit for this field is 250.
- Available Languages - From the drop-down list, select the languages in which the learning object (LO) is available. The available languages are mainly used for searching purposes and they are independent of the LO's default language. At least one language must be selected. At the top of the drop-down list, all selected languages are displayed. The drop-down list only displays the languages that are available to the user. Select the All Languages option to select all available languages.
- When a language is selected, the LO is associated with that language and users can search for the course by associated languages.
- Default Language - This displays the default language of the LO. If a user views an LO in a language that does not have a translation, the information is displayed in the default language for the LO. When an administrator creates an LO, the default language for the LO is the administrator's default language at the time they create the LO.
- Provider - Click the pop-up icon to select a provider to associate with the library. The available providers are restricted to the users that are available to the user. Only non-Cornerstone providers are available. Only one provider can be selected. This field is required.
- Subject - Click the link to associate a subject with the library. This field is required.
- Completion Disabled - Select this option to disable completion. When this option is selected, the library remains In Progress, even after all items are complete. In addition, if a structure update is made to the library, the updates are pushed to all libraries in users' transcripts.
- Required Training Approvals - In this field, enter the number of initial training approvals that are required when a user requests the library. A training approval requires that a manager approve the user to register for the training. This value must be greater than zero. If no value is entered, then the system uses the required number of approvals from the user record.
- Required Completion Approvals - In this field, enter the number of completion approvals that are required when a user completes the library training. A completion approval requires a manager to sign off that the user is complete. If no value is entered, then the library does not require completion approval.
- Active - Select this option to make the library active. If the library is not active, users cannot register for the library and it cannot be assigned to a user.
In the Modification History section, all modifications to the library are tracked, including the affected areas, the administrator making the changes, and the date and time on which the changes were saved.
Click Next to proceed to the Structure step. See Library - Create - Structure.
For portals with multiple languages enabled, if the translation of a title or description is modified, the Modification History panel displays the change. However, only changes to languages that were added when the learning object was initially created are tracked.
The initial creation and changes to the title and description display in the panel as follows:
- Title at Initial Creation - <Learning Object Type> created with <Language of Title> Title "<Title>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Description at Initial Creation - <Learning Object Type> created with <Language of Description> Description of "<Description>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Change to Title - Title in <Language of Title> was changed to "<New Title>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Change to Description - Description in <Language of Description> was changed to "<New Description>" by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.
- Title/Description Translation Change - Title/Description in <Language> "<New Title/Description>" was added by <User Full Name> (<User ID>) on <Date/Time of Creation>.