Level 1 Evaluations are used to measure and record a learner's reaction to training they’ve recently completed, such as their rating of the course content, materials, and relevance. Level 1 Evaluations are the most commonly used type of Cornerstone evaluation and can be attached to various learning object (LO) types. The information gathered by Level 1 Evaluations can drive decisions about the types of training that are most effective and engaging to your learning audience.
Evaluation Availability: With most learning objects (LOs), the evaluation is available to the user after the LO is completed. However, when an evaluation is used with an event session, the evaluation is only available to the user at the session start time. In the case of a multi-part session, the evaluation is only available at the session start time of the final part.
To access Level 1 (Reaction) evaluations, go to. Then, click the link on the left navigation panel.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Level 1 Evaluation Administration||Grant Access to create and manage level 1 (reaction) evaluations associated with learning objects. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
To create an evaluation, click thelink, or copy an existing evaluation by clicking the Copy icon in the Options column.
- Select Header - From the drop-down list, select a header image for the evaluation. The available images are taken from the Corporate Preferences images. A preview of the header image is displayed in the Header Preview field. This is optional.
- Header Color - Select the header color, which is the color that fills the header in areas that the header image does not fill. You may enter a hex value for the color or select a color by clicking the button. This is optional.
- Header Preview - This displays a preview of what the header will look like on the evaluation. The selected image is always aligned in the upper-left portion of the header. Any empty space in the header is filled with the selected header color. The selected logo is not resized.
Enter the following information for the evaluation:
- Evaluation Name - Enter the evaluation title. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Default Language - This displays the evaluation's default language. When adding an evaluation, the default language is the language of the administrator adding the evaluation. When editing or copying an evaluation, the default language is the language of the administrator that created the evaluation. The default language is read-only and cannot be changed.
- Directions - Enter instructions for the evaluation. The instructions appear on a separate page when the user launches the evaluation. If the field is left blank, an introductory page does not appear when users access the evaluation. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
To add a section, click the Add New Section icon to the left of the Sections and Questions column heading. This opens the Add Section pop-up. Note: Each section is considered a page break on the evaluation, and at least one section is required.
Enter the following information for the section:
- Section Title - Enter a title for the section. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Section Directions - Enter directions for the section. On the evaluation, the directions display beneath the section name. For portals with multiple languages enabled, localize the field by using the Translate icon to enter localized text.
- Click .
The section appears as a row in the Questions panel. To edit the section title or directions, click the Edit icon in the Options column. To remove a section, click the Remove icon in the Options column. Note: Removing a section also removes all questions in the section.
To add a question to a section, click the Add Question icon . This opens the Search Questions pop-up.
Search Existing Questions
Use the search features to filter the results by question name, category, or language.
View Questions from Existing Evaluation
You can also pull in questions from the evaluation of an existing LO and select from those questions. To search for an existing evaluation, click the Select icon to the right of the Select Course to View Questions From: field. This opens the Search Course Evaluations pop-up.
Clickto search for evaluations from the selected LO types. All LOs for which there is a corresponding level evaluation appear below the search options in the pop-up. Click the plus sign to the left of the LO to add the LO's evaluation questions to the Questions panel in the Search Questions pop-up. This closes the Search Course Evaluations pop-up.
All existing evaluation questions from the corresponding evaluation level appear in the Questions panel in the Search Questions pop-up. Preview a question by clicking the Preview icon in the View column. Note: Any new questions added using the Add Question icon append to that specific section of the evaluation.
Add Question from Search Questions Pop-up
To add a question:
- Click the plus sign in the Add column of the Questions panel. This adds the question to the Selected Questions panel. To remove a question from the Selected Questions panel, click the Remove icon in the Remove column.
- Add all questions in the Questions panel by clicking the link.
Click Done when all desired questions are placed in the Selected Questions panel. The questions appear under the section title. You can reorder by changing the number in the Order column. The question type appears in the Type column.
Response Required - Select this option to require users to answer the corresponding question.
The following options appear in the Options column for each question:
- Preview - Click the Preview icon to view the question.
- Edit - Click the Edit icon to edit an existing question. Note: If a question has already been answered by a user, you cannot change the response type or format of the question; you may only edit the spelling or phrasing. The response type drop-down will be inactive, and the links to add response choices or sub-questions will not appear. Editing a question changes that question in all tests the question has been used. A best practice is to make changes to the grammar or correct errors but not change the meaning or structure of the question.
- Remove - Click the Remove icon to remove a question from the section.
Repeat Section by Instructor
Select this option to repeat all the questions in a section for the user completing the evaluation. This functionality is useful for ILT sessions with multiple instructors. Users can evaluate each instructor individually.
Note: Questions in this section must be created using the INSTRUCTOR.NAME tag in place of the instructor's name. The system replaces the tag with instructor's name and duplicates the questions for each instructor.
- When using a question that includes the INSTRUCTOR.NAME tag, the Repeat Section by Instructor option must be selected for the section in which the question is used. This must be done even if there is only one instructor for the session. If the option is not selected, the INSTRUCTOR.NAME tag itself displays in the question on the evaluation rather than being replaced with the instructor's name.
- If there is only one instructor in the session, this option must be selected to replace it with the actual value in the Level 1 Evaluation Report.
Clickto finalize the evaluation.
After creating an evaluation, you can associate it with training via the Course Catalog. See Course Catalog - Evaluations.
Helpful Hints - Evaluations and Sessions
- The option will appear in the User Transcript at the session start time, regardless of whether the instructor has submitted a roster for the class.
- In the case of a multi-part session, the option will appear on the User Transcript at the session start time of the final part.
- The option will display on the User Transcript for sessions that show a Completed status on the transcript.
- In the case where a user has attended, but did not pass the session as indicated on the roster, the option will display for a user in an Incomplete status.
- The option is not displayed for users with a No-show status.
Helpful Hints - Evaluations and Tests
- The not display if the user fails the test. link will display after the test shows a Completed status (user passes the test). It will