Recurring curricula subscriptions enable administrators to offer flexible renewal options to users. Users can extend their current registration and preserve their progress by renewing their curriculum. Users still have the option to create a new instance of the curriculum by repurchasing it through the course catalog, rather than renewing the current instance.
Curriculum subscriptions are available for the following payment methods:
- Credit Card - To use a credit card with recurring billing for curriculum subscriptions, Credit Card User Payment Profile functionality should be enabled.
- Request Bill
- Note: Training Units are not currently supported.
Curriculum subscription is available through the following methods:
- Inventory Purchase
- Self Registration
- Note: Assigning training and License Management are not currently supported.
To enable recurring curriculum subscriptions for your portal, contact Global Product Support.
For regular, non-inventory purchases, all subscription fees are charged to the user, including no-show fees.
For assigned inventory purchases, all subscription fees are charged to the original purchaser, including renewals and no-show fees.
- If the automatic renewal fails, a Renew Subscription link appears on the user's transcript page. If the user renews the subscription in this manner, the user is then billed for the subscription.
If a user purchases a curriculum using automatic renewal and the Link LO Expiration is set to 30 days, on the 31st day, the user is billed the full curriculum price and the curriculum is extended for an additional 30 days.
When a user purchases a curriculum through the course catalog, they may have the option to automatically renew, manually renew, or not renew. When a curriculum is renewed, the subscription is extended and progress is maintained. If recurrence is enabled and the user repurchases the curriculum through the course catalog, all progress is reset for the curriculum.
When a manager purchases multiple licenses of a curriculum through the course catalog and assigns the curriculum via the Inventory feature, when subscription renewal is available, the manager can set the curriculum to automatically renew, manually renew, or not renew. When a curriculum is renewed, the subscription is extended and progress is maintained. If recurrence is enabled and the manager assigns a new instance of the curriculum to the user, all progress is reset for the curriculum.
- If the curriculum is automatically renewed, the manager is billed at the end of each expiration date.
- If the curriculum is manually renewed, the manager is required to assign a renewal subscription through inventory.
- If no renewal is established, the renewal option is not available through inventory.