Administrators can create new versions of an existing curriculum, which is helpful when a curriculum needs changes and revisions as time goes on. To create a new version of a curriculum, click the Edit icon next to a curriculum on the Curricula Administration page. Small changes, such as changes to the curriculum name or description, do NOT trigger the creation of a new version. More substantive changes, however, such as changes to the curriculum structure, automatically trigger the creation of a new curriculum version.
- For information about curriculum reversioning options, See Curriculum - Reversion - Reversion Options.
- For information about confirming a new curriculum version, See Curriculum - Reversion - Confirm.
- For information about viewing previous curriculum versions, See Curriculum - View Versions.
When a new version of a curriculum is created, the following Course Catalog settings from the previous version are also copied to the new version:
- Approval Workflows
- Custom OU Pricing
- Enable Default Completion Message
- Exclude from Course Recommendations
- Recommended courses
- Required Electronic Signature
- Signature Message
- Thumbnail Image
- Training Purpose
- Training Units
Important: Any Course Catalog settings not mentioned in the above list are NOT copied to the new version when a curriculum is versioned. The administrator will need to manually configure any Course Catalog fields not included in this list for the new version.
When a curriculum is reversioned, users with the original curriculum version on their transcripts are always upgraded to the newest version of the curriculum, as well as the latest version of child LOs (learning objects) within the curriculum. This behavior applies to the following processes:
- Curriculum versioning
- Online course versioning which results in the auto-upgrade of a curriculum
- Material versioning which results in the auto-upgrade of a curriculum
- Learning Assignment Tool Reassignment
Curriculum Versioning - Child LO Upgrade Considerations
- Users receive the new child training in a status defined by the Allow users to maintain progress option during the Curriculum Versioning process. See Curriculum - Reversion - Confirm.
- Users in a Completed status for the previous child training version will receive the new version.
Expired Appended Training
When a material or online course is versioned with Append logic, you have the option to choose the start date of the new version. Once the start date is reached, the old version expires and becomes inactive. Expired child training items are hidden by default. The expiration of the previous training version is captured on the Structure History page for curricula, which is accessible from the Course Console. See Structure History Page.
An option to expose and hide expired training in a curriculum is available on both the Training Details page and on the Curriculum Player page for the curriculum.