Administrators can create new versions of an existing curriculum, which is helpful when a curriculum needs changes and revisions as time goes on. To create a new version of a curriculum, click the Edit icon next to a curriculum on the Curricula Administration page. Small changes, such as changes to the curriculum name or description, do NOT trigger the creation of a new version. More substantive changes, however, such as changes to the curriculum structure, automatically trigger the creation of a new curriculum version.
- For information about curriculum reversioning options, See Curriculum - Reversion - Reversion Options.
- For information about confirming a new curriculum version, See Curriculum - Reversion - Confirm.
- For information about viewing previous curriculum versions, See Curriculum - View Versions.
When a new version of a curriculum is created, the following Course Catalog settings from the previous version are also copied to the new version:
- Approval Workflows
- Custom OU Pricing
- Enable Default Completion Message
- Exclude from Course Recommendations
- Recommended courses
- Required Electronic Signature
- Signature Message
- Thumbnail Image
- Training Purpose
- Training Units
When a curriculum is reversioned, users with the original curriculum version on their transcripts are always upgraded to the newest version of the curriculum, as well as the latest version of child LOs (learning objects) within the curriculum. This behavior applies to the following processes:
- Curriculum versioning
- Online course versioning which results in the auto-upgrade of a curriculum
- Material versioning which results in the auto-upgrade of a curriculum
- Learning Assignment Tool Reassignment
Curriculum Versioning - Child LO Upgrade Considerations
- Users receive the new child training in a status defined by the Allow users to maintain progress option during the Curriculum Versioning process. See Curriculum - Reversion - Confirm.
- Users in a Completed status for the previous child training version will receive the new version.