Create Tool - Overview
See below for links to related Create Tool documentation:
- Create Courses - See Create Tool - Create Course.
- Manage Courses - See Create Tool - Manage Courses.
- Launch Courses - See Create Tool - Launch Course.
- FAQ - See Create Tool - FAQ.
To access the Create Tool, go to:and click the link.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Catalog - View||
Grants access to view the learning objects in the course catalog and enables administrators to view the Course Console and the Popular Requests and Highest Rated widgets on the Learning Admin Console (in conjunction with the Learning Admin Console - View permission). This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Training Type, Training Item, Provider, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, and User's LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
|Learning - Administration|
|Create Tool||Grants access to Create Tool for content authoring. This permission cannot be constrained.||Learning - Administration|
Use Case 1: Creating New Content:
Victoria is an Instructional Designer at ACME Studios. Her objective is to fill knowledge gaps in her organization. Once her organization purchases the Create Tool, she is able to create new courses directly within the Cornerstone system and publish it directly to the Course Catalog, allowing Victoria to do her job more quickly and efficiently.
Use Case 2: Revising Pre-made Content:
Leon is an Instructional Designer at Apollo Enterprises. He is looking for ways to provide his organization with more robust learning content. His organization is subscribed to Cornerstone's Content Anytime subscriptions, which feature Grovo courses. The Grovo courses fit nearly all of the requirements for his organization, but he would like to rewrite some of the quiz questions to be company-specific. Once his organization purchases Create Tool, he is able to edit existing Grovo content and include revised content prior to publishing it to the Course Catalog.
- The Create Tool is currently only available in English. However, it can be used to create content in other languages.
- Content created using the Create Tool is mobile-responsive, but the Create Tool itself is NOT mobile responsive.
- Answers to quizzes within courses created with the Create Tool are not available in reporting.
- Organizations already using the Create Tool through Grovo will NOT have any existing courses they have already created through Grovo migrated to the Cornerstone system.
Licenses for this functionality are available for an additional cost to organizations using the Learning module. The Create Tool can only be accessed by license holders, and additional enablement must be done in order for the Create Tool to be accessible to license holders in the portal. The Create Tool is currently priced at $3,000 per license (annually per user). For more information about enabling this functionality, please contact your Client Executive.
Once the Create Tool is made available in a portal, it can be added as a link in a navigation tab via Navigation Tabs & Links.