With the February 2020 release, an open beta of a reimagined Test Engine was made available. The redesigned experience is called Learning Assessments and is available to test in Stage portals only. This beta version of Learning Assessments does not yet have feature parity with the existing Test Engine. The following features are available with Learning Assessments:
- Assessment Creation (allows administrators to define metadata for the assessment)
- Assessment Builder (allows administrators to build the assessment structure)
- Assessment Preview (desktop only)
- Settings Adjustment
- Assessment Home (allows administrators to view and manage previously created assessments)
- Assessment Player (end user perspective, currently only available to administrators)
- Assessment Attempt Review (end user perspective, currently only available to administrators)
- Attempts Review (administrator perspective)
- Mobile-responsive design (Assessments functionality is NOT available via the Learn app)
The following features that are available via the existing Test Engine are NOT currently supported by the Learning Assessments open beta:
- Assigning assessments
- Adding or managing assessments to the transcript
- Assessments are not yet treated as a learning object type
- Images within assessments
- Essay question type
- Essay grading and the grader workflow
- Subject association
- Question categories
- Question bank
- Migration tools
- Bulk upload tools
- Bulk actions
The above list is not a fully comprehensive list of exclusions. Any feature not listed as available for assessments is not currently supported.
Learning Assessments functionality is in an open beta status, and is only available in Stage portals. Learning Assessments are automatically available in Stage portals with the Test Engine enabled, to administrators with permission to manage the Test Engine. Note: Learning Assessments functionality and Test Engine functionality can currently both be active in the portal at the same time.
For more information about this beta project, please see the below documentation:
- Learning Assessments Beta (Phase 1) Overview - See Learning Assessments - Admin Experience (Open Beta) - Overview.
- Assessments Home - See Assessments Home.
- Create Assessments - See Create Assessments.
- Assessments End User Experience - See Assessments - End User Experience - Overview.
The following permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Test Engine - Manage||Grants ability to create and edit/manage tests via the Test Engine. This permission can be constrained by OU, User’s OU, User, User’s Self, and User’s Subordinates. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|