Coupons are available for use with all LO types, but cannot be used with Knowledge Bank or Connect postings. With ILT events, coupon codes are available at both the event and session level. Currently, coupon codes cannot be used with training unit purchases. Coupon codes are unique, so if 100 single use coupons are created, 100 unique coupon codes are generated. Because each coupon code is unique, there is no availability set for a coupon.
Coupons are available within the Extended Enterprise module. To enable coupon functionality for your portal, contact Global Customer Support.
- For information about creating coupons, See Coupon - Create and Edit.
- For information about coupon redemption history, See Coupon - View Usage.
- For information about coupons with previous versions, See Coupon History.
- For information about managing coupon codes, See Coupon Administration.
To access coupon functionality, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Coupon Admin - View||Provides view only access to Coupon Administration screen, enabling user to view details of existing coupons, but not add, edit or delete coupons. This permission can be constrained by Provider, ILT Provider, OU, User's OU, and User's LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.||eCommerce - Administration|
When multiple coupons are used, coupons are applied in the order in which they are added to the order. Also, only one coupon can be applied to an item. The following example demonstrates how these rules work together.
In both scenarios, a user has three items in their shopping cart and they have two coupons:
- Item 1 is from Provider A
- Item 2 and 3 are from Provider B.
- Coupon X is for $5 off any one Provider A learning object.
- Coupon Y is for 15% off an entire order.
Scenario 1: The user applies Coupon X, which discounts Item 1 by $5 because it is from Provider A. The user then applies Coupon Y, which discounts Item 2 and 3 by 15%. Item 1 is not discounted by 15% because an item cannot have two coupons applied to it and Coupon X was applied first.
Scenario 2: The user applies Coupon Y, which discounts Item 1, 2, and 3 by 15% because the coupon applies to an entire order. The user then applies Coupon X, which does not discount any item. Item 1 is not discounted further because an item cannot have two coupons applied to it and Coupon Y was applied first.
- If an administrator creates 10,000 coupons and then reduces the number of coupons to 5,000, the removed coupons have a status of Void and cannot be used. If these coupons are distributed for use, the administrator should contact those users to inform them the coupon is no longer valid. It is strongly recommended that you do not reduce the number of coupons after the coupon codes are generated.
- If a coupon is applied that exceeds the total amount due, the total amount due is reduced to zero.
- All coupon prefixes and codes must be unique.
- If multiple currencies are in use on your portal, the coupon amount will be converted for users purchasing in other currencies based on the established currency conversion rate.
The following statuses are available for coupons:
|Not Started||The coupon will be available at a future date.|
|Started||The coupon is active.|
|Inactive||The coupon is set as inactive.|
|Expired||The coupon expiration date is past.|