Administrators can create new templates to guide check-in meetings for managers and employees. Additionally, administrators can modify existing default templates.
To create a template, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Check-In Templates - Manage||Grants ability to manage Check-Ins Templates. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Performance|
Create a Check-Ins Template
- On the Check-Ins Templates page, click the button. The Create a Check-Ins Template page opens.
- Complete the following fields:
- Template Title - Enter the title of this template. You can enter up to 200 characters. This is a required field.
- Template Description - Enter a description for this template. You can enter up to 1000 characters. This is an optional field.
- Meeting Frequency - Select the meeting frequency for this discussion. The meeting frequency that you select determines the default meeting schedule for this discussion. For example, when a manager or user creates a new check-in discussion that has a meeting frequency of Weekly, each time they click the button on the meeting and discussion page, the next meeting date is automatically scheduled for a week later. Options are:
- As Needed
- In the Topics section, complete the following fields:
- Topic - Enter the first topic or question for this template. You can enter up to 200 characters. This is a required field.
- Guiding Text - Enter any descriptive text that you want the user to see. You can enter up to 1000 characters. This is an optional field.
Topics can be questions or information that may be useful to managers and employees during the discussion. You can add several topics to a discussion, but there must be at least one topic with guiding text per template.
To add an additional topic, click thebutton.
- In the Availability section, select one of the following options to define who can use this template when initiating a check-in:
- All Users - Select this option to make this template available to all users.
- Custom - Select this option to set availability for specific users or by OU criteria. When you select this option, a button appears. Click this button to select the appropriate options and then click .
- Check Make Template Active if you want end-users to have access to this template. If unchecked, this template is not visible to end-users.
- Check Lock this Template if you do not want end-users to make changes to this template. If unchecked, end-users can modify the topics associated with this template.
- Click to save the template. The new template appears on the Check-Ins Templates page.
To edit templates See Check-Ins - Manage Topics .