Check-Ins Calendar Invites
Prior to this enhancement, when Check-In users created a series of meetings, they had to manually create matching meeting invites on their external Outlook calendar. This means that users have to manage meetings in two different systems.
With this enhancement, a user's Outlook calendar is integrated with Check-Ins meetings. Users can create a Check-Ins meeting(s) and send an invite to the Outlook calendar of both participants. Users can then easily access their Check-In meetings from their Outlook calendar, and participants in the meeting series can edit the meeting schedule and calendar invite..
An administrator must configure the Outlook calendar invite to use these features.
To enable the Outlook Calendar Invite feature, go to. Complete the following fields:
- Enter Search Text - Type "check-in"
- Select Text Field to Search - Select "Email Action"
- Select Email Action Type - Select "All Action Types"
- Select Email Category - Select "All Categories"
New Fields for Creating a Check-Ins Meeting Series
The following new fields allow users to complete and send an Outlook calendar invite to participants when creating a new Check-Ins meeting series or for an existing series:
- Meeting Frequency fields: Select weekly or monthly recurrence options.
- End field: Select to end the meeting series on a specific date. Options are On to end on a specific date, No End to continue indefinitely, or After to end after a specific number of occurrences.
- First Meeting Start Time and First Meeting End Time: Select meeting times for recurring meetings. These fields must be completed to automatically send or download an Outlook calendar invite.
- Meeting Time Zone - The default time zone for this meeting. This is a required field.
- Meeting Location field: Select a location for the meeting series. Add a link to a MSTeams or Zoom call or the name of the meeting room.
- Email Invite: Check to send an Outlook calendar invite to both participant in the Check-Ins meeting series. The meeting invite is updated if there are changes to the meeting series. Email invites can be sent on desktop or mobile.
If these fields are completed, users can also edit the Check-In name and description before confirming the Check-In meeting. Once the meeting is confirmed, the invite is automatically sent to the Outlook calendar for both participants.
To create or edit a new Check-In meeting series, go toor open an existing meeting series.
Edit Check-Ins Meetings
Participants can edit the meeting schedule for a series and individual meetings.
Edit the Series
To edit, go to Check-Ins Settings, and then select the Manage Meeting Schedule tab.and click the appropriate check-in series on your home page. Click the ellipses, select
Any changes made on the Manage Meeting Schedule tab will automatically update the future Check-Ins meetings and Outlook calendar invite.
The Check-Ins Modification History tab provides details of any changes made to the selected meeting series.
Edit an Individual Meeting
To edit an individual meeting, open a meeting and select the date at the top of the page. On the fly-out, make the necessary changes. The participant calendars will reflect the new changes. Changes to individual meetings do not impact the Check-In series.
Delete a Check-Ins Meeting
If a meeting is deleted from the Outlook calendar, it is not reflected in CSX Check-Ins.
Send Outlook Calendar Invites
The Outlook invite includes the following information:
- Meeting Name: The Check-Ins series name.
- Organiser: This is always "CSX".
- Attendees: The participants in the meeting series.
- Start time: The meeting start time.
- End time: The meeting end time.
- Date: The meeting date.
- Location, if specified: The location information.
- Invite Body: Configured by the administrator.
Outlook calendar invites can be sent automatically or by downloading/importing:
Complete the associated fields and click the Email Invite box when creating or editing a Check-Ins meeting series.
- Administrators must create an email for the "Check-In Calendar Invitation Change" to allow invitations to be sent.
- Users must have their correct email addresses stored in the system to receive emails.
- The default email is email@example.com.
Downloading and Importing:
In Meeting View, open the appropriate meeting series and select the appropriate meeting start and end time. Select the vertical ellipsis and select Download Calendar Invite (Series) or Download Calendar Invite (Occurrence). The meeting is downloaded to the participant's Outlook calendar. Downloading allows users to receive Outlook calendar invites even if the email invite functionality is not configured on their system. Once the ICS file downloads to a browser, the user can drag the invite into their Outlook calendar and import the invite information into Outlook.
- Any changes must be made in CSX Check-Ins. If a user make changes in Outlook or deletes a Check-Ins meeting in Outlook, those changes are not updated in CSX Check-Ins.
- If a user makes changes through CSX Check-Ins and selects “Send email invite”, all meetings in the Outlook calendar series are updated to reflect the changes. If a user makes changes through CSX, past meetings in Check-Ins will not be updated.
- If a user adds a new meeting to the CSX Check-Ins series after sending the invites, and it is not part of the recurrence, this meeting is not reflected in the participants Outlook calendar.
- Administrators must enable this feature. Go to and check the Check-In Invitation Change box.
- The downloading invites functionality is off by default. To enable it, go to Check-Ins Calendar Invite Download option. . Enable the
- To use the email invite functionality, an administrator must activate and configure the Check-In Calendar Invitation Change email trigger.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Email - Edit From Address||Grants ability to edit the "from" address when creating or modifying an email trigger. In addition, the Allow user to change email address option must be selected in Email Preferences. This permission works in conjunction with the Global Email Administration - Manage permission. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Global Email Administration - Manage||Grants ability to manage email trigger templates across all active modules in the portal. Enables creating, editing and deleting email message templates for various system actions and workflows. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Global Email Administration - View||Grants view only access to email templates/triggers and email logs at the global level for the portal. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|