Stripe Payment Gateway - Tax
Prior to this enhancement, the customers had to find other ways of collecting the taxes for transactions made via CSX EXE as the payments processed through Stripe did not include the sales tax amount.
With this enhancement, customers using the Stripe payment gateway can automatically collect tax from their end users during the transaction. Stripe Tax lets you calculate, collect, and report tax on global payments with a single integration. You can easily register with Stripe and access the reports within Stripe to file returns.
To enable Stripe Tax Calculation, go toand click . In the Define Payment Account page, select check box.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
- There is no need for a separate tax account with Stripe.
- It is easy to define the specific regions within Stripe for tax calculation.
- It provides a clear visibility of the tax that needs to be paid for a transaction.
- Stripe Tax is an enhancement to the existing Stripe Payment Gateway.
- Stripe Tax is not available for other payment gateways.
- Stripe Tax can be calculated based on the billing address only.
- As of now, tax cannot be calculated based on the Secondary address.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No. As of now, Stripe tax can only be used when Stripe is the payment processor for the transactions.
No separate tax account is needed but you must register the regions within your Stripe account to collect taxes.
No. Apply sales tax checkbox under the pricing tab of a given LO should be checked for Tax calculation. If the pricing tab is unavailable, tax cannot be calculated for that LO.
This functionality is automatically enabled for all organizations using the Learning module.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Payment Account - Modify||Grants ability to create payment profiles to determine the routing of users' payments. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||eCommerce - Administration|