Prior to this enhancement, the Search Training Modal within the Create Assignment Workflow used the Traditional Search which uses SQL to return results. SQL has a longer processing time for large data sets and is not as scalable as data grows over time.
With this enhancement, the Search Training Modal within the Create Assignment Workflow allows administrators to use the Enhanced Search as a default setting. The Enhanced Search supports all the filters in the Search Training Modal except for the Description filter.
A preference is available so administrators can switch back to Traditional Search (SQL) whenever necessary. To access this preference, go to Enable Enhanced Search on Select Training toggle to enable Enhanced Search.. Scroll down and turn on the
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
It enables better, faster searches, and returns relevant results.
- The current search results are sorted alphabetically. However, the Enhanced Search results are displayed by Relevance by default.
- The Enhanced Search prioritizes learning objects localized to the language you currently have set up as the display language.
- In most cases, a newly created or updated learning object is updated within Enhanced Search results in 15 minutes or less with few exceptions.
- Training was included as a part of a large data ingestion, or a large bulk update was completed. In this case, the time for the update to be made available within search results may depend on the amount or the size of the change.
- The training was created or updated at the exact moment of an update to the data set. In this case, we would expect the learning object to be available beyond the base 15-minute time-frame.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes. Administrators can change the search framework from Enhanced Search to Traditional Search if you choose or if it is a better option for your portal. This can be done by navigating to Assignment Tool Preferences and scrolling down to “Enable Enhanced Search on Select Training.”
Our data shows that the description filter is rarely used in this area. If you require the description filter, please update the preference described above to disable Enhanced Search.
The best way to confirm if your portal has been updated is to check the preference for your portal.
Yes. Enhanced Search and Traditional Search use different frameworks to produce search results. Therefore, search results may vary when using one framework versus another.
This functionality is automatically enabled for all organizations using the Learning module.
The update may take up to 10 business days to be present after their respective release dates in the Stage and Production portals.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Assignment Tool Preferences||Grants access to Assignment Tool Preferences where an administrator can activate the new Assignment Tool and configure the processing options and settings to create Learning Assignments. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|