People Matrix Qualification Mode - General Availability
Qualification Mode extends the ability of the People Matrix to work with Capability Models and enables managers to track training, in addition to skills, from within the People Matrix.
Qualification Mode includes the following key features:
- Use Capability Models as templates to create People Matrices pre-populated with a population's most important skills
- Templates that allow comparisons between individuals from organizational units with individualized proficiency targets
- Track the transcript completion status of select training in custom matrices built from scratch (templates not yet supported)
- Links in the matrix to assign training and access transcript
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
People Matrix Qualification Mode speeds up identifying users with the right skills and who have taken the required training for roles, projects, gigs, and more and places them within a single visualization accessible by managers or administrators.
- The ability to track training is only possible for matrices created from scratch. It is not available for matrices created from a template. This ability will be added in a future release.
- When adding training to a matrix, the matrix creator can only view and add training if they are within the training's availability.
- In the people matrix, the training status is simplified to the following four existing statuses: Completed, Not Started, Not Assigned, and N/A.
- When training is added to the matrix, it is assumed that the target is for users to complete the training. If the training is not complete, the training is considered off-target.
- When using a template, the matrix cannot be modified except for the name attributes and default rating source.
Frequently Asked Questions - Templates
No. Currently, only capability models in the capability model library may be shared as templates. Please note that this is usually an administrator-only function.
Matrices created using a template are read-only; you may not add or remove skills or employees. If the criteria of a model need to be changed, please contact your system administrator.
Currently, capability models do not support training; this functionality will be added in a future release. For now, you may only track training in matrices created ad-hoc.
Which employees you can view in a matrix depends on your constraints and the audience defined in the capability model. If your constraints do not align with the audience defined in the model, you may not be able to view any people.
No. Only one capability model may be added to a matrix for now.
To view metrics that enable comparison between OUs, two criteria must be met:
- The OU must not exceed 1,000 employees. If the OU exceeds 1,000 employees, drilling into the OU will display metrics for the top 1,000 employees. An alert is displayed when this occurs.
- The OU must have target proficiency ratings defined. If the OU does not have targets defined, the ratings will be color-coded from blue to gray. Targets must be defined for the OU to have a summary.
If a matrix exceeds 1,000 users, no summary metrics are provided. When viewing a matrix for an OU that exceeds 1,000 users, the first 1,000 users are displayed, and summary metrics are provided for that set of employees.
Frequently Asked Questions - Training
Yes, there is no requirement to track capabilities and training together.
Currently, adding training requirements to a capability mode is not possible. This will be added in a future release.
The matrix creator can only view and add training based on their availability restrictions.
The ability to create a People Matrix from a capability model is automatically enabled for all customers.
The ability to track training within a People Matrix is automatically enabled for all organizations using Learning. This feature is optional and may be disabled by submitting a request to Global Customer Support. In a future release, this functionality will be controlled by a self-service preference.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|User Ratings - View All Shared Ratings||Grants the ability to view all ratings shared with others in addition to the rater. This permission applies anywhere the ratings are displayed, such as the People Matrix and Skills Profile. This permission is intended for indirect managers or non-managers to view rating data for users over whom they have no oversight. This permission grants access to all OU types, both standard and custom. This permission can be constrained to User, OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User's Direct Subordinates. The constraints on this permission determine whose shared ratings the person can view. This is a manager permission.||Core Administration|