Review Task Central provides reviewers an easy way to view and work on all their assigned performance review steps in one location. Additionally, it is easy to see which performance tasks are due and where to find them.
Once an administrator enables Review Task Central, users can:
- Use the improved user experience to enables reviewers to access and work on each step of the review in one location
- Filter review step-by-step status
- Search reviewee list by reviewee name
- View previous off-cycle tasks in a single view
- Preview sections (administrators)
- Access Check-Ins and feedback
Activate Review Task Central
To activate Review Task Central:
Go to. The Feature Activation Preferences page opens.
In the Activate Task Central area, select the Activate button. All newly created tasks now appear in the new interface.
Important: Once activated, Review task Central cannot be reverted.
Review Task Central Features
Once activated, Review Task Central provides access to:
- A reviewee view to view all personal review and any other steps in one location. See Review Task Central - Reviewee View .
- A reviewer view to view current review step and any other steps assigned in one location. See Review Task Central - Reviewer View .
- A bulk submit feature to submit multiple assigned review steps at one time. See Review Task Central - Bulk Submit .
- A bulk reopen feature to reopen a review step for one or more reviewees at one time. See Review Task Central - Bulk Reopen .
- A Skills Assessment section that allows reviewers and reviewees to view and manage skills during a performance review. See Skills in Performance Reviews - General Availability.
Additionally, Review Task Central provides a new Skill Assessment type that integrates a user's skills profile into performance reviews and updates the skills profile as part of a performance review task.
Note: The tasks that are available are based on permissions and enablement.
Review Actions Menu
Selectingopens the Review Actions menu. This menu:
- Allows users to navigate between assigned review steps.
- Highlights the step the reviewer is currently working on.
- Displays step titles that are displayed in the Performance Review Workflow.
- Displays the Bulk Actions option, if enabled.
- Consolidates links to performance reviews. If a manager has 20 direct reports, they will see only one link that opens to all 20 reviews.
All performance tasks that use Task Central now show the following new statuses:
- Open: There are actionable steps to complete.
- Closed: There is no current action that can be taken on that review.
Note: The filters on the Performance Review Summary Page will be mapped to the new open and closed statuses.
Due Date Changes
The following due date changes now apply:
- The due date associated with the task central link will display a consolidated due date. This applies to the due date field on the Universal Profile - Actions, Performance Review Summary, Scheduled Tasks, and Actions items pages.
- If there is an action to complete on the task, and the status is open, the due date shows the earliest due date in the step. If there is no action to complete on the task, and the status is closed, no due date appears.
The due date for the review step is also visible in the section header.
A new Review Actions Menu allows users to:
- Navigate between the review step they are currently on and any other steps they are assigned.
- Access bulk actions, if enabled.
- Move between reviewees or review sections.
- View when a review is completed, in progress, or past due.
- View the due date for each review.
- View all the reviews assigned for that step in the left-hand navigation bar.
Statuses and Tags
The reviewee menu now displays three status icons:
- Completed: Green check mark icon
- Past due: Red warning sign icon
- In progress: Blue dot icon
Tags appear above reviewee names to identify when a step is re-opened or if the reviewer is serving as a co-planner for that reviewee.
The review view applies to Off-cycle tasks as follows:
- The Off-cycle task shows each occurrence of that task in the reviewer menu.
- The Off-cycle task title is visible in the reviewee header.
- Reviewees can filter by step status or off-cycle task name.
- The Off-cycle task name displays below the reviewee name.
- A reviewer will see all reviews assigned for that step in the left navigation bar.
Buttons and Navigation
Task Central button names and navigation on the review task changed to the following:
- button: Save and exit the review.
- button: Save and move to the next section.
- button: Save and move to the previous section.
- X in top right corner of screen: Save and exit.
When a user navigates away from a task in Task Central, that task is automatically saved.
Note: The REVIEW.LINK email tag only works with Task Central for step due and step assigned emails.
Parity with Legacy Reviews
With this release, Review Task Central is at functional parity with legacy performance reviews for the following functionality available in Review Task:
- Off-Cycle Tasks - Task Central will support the Discuss and Decline review functionality.
- Task Administration: Preview: - Administrators will be able to preview tasks when task central enabled.
- Review Options Button - The following actions will now be available under the Options button within a review:
Task Administration: - Review Summary:
- The Confirmation page is not available after Review Task Central is enabled.
- Task Central uses aggregated links to access review tasks, so the tags used in Task List Names will not render. Instead, use a generic name, such as “2022 Manager Review”.
Customers can self-activate Review Task Central. Once activated, Review Task Central cannot be deactivated.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Performance Features Self Activation||Grants access to the Feature Activation Preferences page, where an administrator can activate new features associated with Performance. This is an administrator permission.||Performance - Administration|