With this enhancement, a new Skills Review section is added to Performance Reviews. In the Skills Review section, users can:
- Update the employee's skills profile
- View and launch content that is tied to a skill
- Rate skill proficiency
- Add custom questions to the new Skill Assessment section
Note: Review Task Central must be enabled to use Skill Assessment. See Activating Review Task Central .
Administrators can enable the skills assessment feature by going to. The process is as follows:
- Click the link.
- From the Type drop-down, select Skills Assessment. A button and a button appear.
- Reviewees can provide context for skills development over the review period, update their declared skills and proficiencies, identify areas of interest for further growth, and explore related learning.
- Reviewers can view a reviewee’s skills profile, rate their proficiency, provide context or comments around skill development, and explore related learning.
Skills and proficiency updates made in the skills review automatically update in the user's skills profile.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
With this enhancement, during performance reviews:
- Managers can easily access to the employee's skills to discuss skill development during performance reviews.
- Employees can take a proactive role in the career development conversation.
- Task Central must be activated to view the Skills Assessment section.
- It is not possible to report on the source of skills additions or updates, for example, Skills Profile, Performance Review, Check-In.
- Previous responses to Skill Assessment section custom questions are not visible in the review, so if the same section version is used in multiple reviews, users won't see the responses of the questions from an older review.
- The Skills Assessment section will not appear in the .pdf printout of the review.
- Permissions applied to the portal also apply to the Skills components in the review.
This functionality is automatically enabled for all organizations using the Performance Review module.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|