With this enhancement, the Course Catalog pages are upgraded with a new user interface. With these interface changes, no functionality changes are included.
Activation will update the user interface for Materials Administration, Deep Link Administration, Training Request Approval, ILT Events and Session Administration, Course Catalog Administration, and Curricula Administration. Deactivation will revert back to legacy user interface.
If activated, the new UI appears for the following:
- Course catalog main search page
- Course catalog refine search
- Course catalog individual items:
- General Page
- Emails - Custom Emails
- Approval Workflow
- Training Units
- Training Exemptions
- General Page
- Course catalog individual items and batch edit items:
- Clicking a course title opens the Course Console which is not included in the Course Catalog Administration UI modifications.
- The Assign option when selecting a single course is not included in the Course Catalog Administration UI modifications.
- The View as user option when selecting a single course is not included in the Course Catalog Administration UI modifications.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Catalog - View||
Grants access to view the learning objects in the course catalog and enables administrators to view the Course Console and the Popular Requests and Highest Rated widgets on the Learning Admin Console (in conjunction with the Learning Admin Console - View permission). This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Training Type, Training Item, Provider, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, and User's LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
|Learning - Administration|
|Training Providers - Manage||Grants ability to view all Training Providers (Vendors) and mark them active or inactive as needed. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|