Stripe Payment Processor - Refunds
Prior to this enhancement, refunds could only be initiated directly through the Stripe account of the customer for the Stripe Payment gateway.
With this enhancement, administrators can now initiate refunds directly using the CSX Extended Enterprise module for payment transactions that were executed via the Stripe Payment gateway. This process does not require manual login to the Stripe account by the administrator. Refunds can be initiated by the user from the CSX user’s Transcript page itself if allowed by the Learning Object (LO) settings. For more information, refer to Stripe – Payment Gateway.
Refunds can be initiated by any user authorized to do so such as administrators, user’s managers, etc. using the Manage Transactions page. To initiate a refund, follow these steps.
- Go to . Find a transaction and click .
- In the Order History Details Page, click the Options icon under the Details section.
- In the Pricing Test, enter the refund amount beside the Amount option. Make sure to select Refund from the Amount drop-down.
- Type a note in the Notes section if required and click to initiate the refund.
- View refund details under the Order History section on the Order History Details Page. You can also check the order status in your Stripe account.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
This enhancement provides a seamless refund experience.
The refunds are an enhancement to the existing Stripe Payment Gateway.
This enhancement is automatically available with the Stripe Payment Gateway feature.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Refund Training||Grants ability to issue a refund for a training item while removing it from the user's transcript. This is an administrator permission.||eCommerce - Administration|
|Transaction Manager - Manage||Grants ability to access the Manage Transaction page and also create and edit transactions. On the Order History Details page, the administrator can edit the order status, adjust prices, issue refunds, or enter comments. This permission can be constrained by User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||eCommerce - Administration|