Course Builder, Module Builder, and Asset Importer were designed as an authoring tool to build proprietary or customized courses. Despite low usage, there is a relatively high volume of defects reported. In addition, Cornerstone provides the Create Tool as its premium authoring tool offering.
With these points in mind, Cornerstone has decided to deprecate these products with the November ’23 Release. When this occurs, customers will no longer have access to Course Builder, Module Builder, or Asset Importer.
Limited Offer of Create Tool for Affected Customers
For organizations actively using Course Builder, Cornerstone is offering a limited offer for Create Tool (usually a separate fee):
- Two free licenses to Create Tool for the duration of the current contract or for a 12-month period (whichever occurs first)
- This offer applies to customers who are actively using Course Builder and is available from the release announcement date (June 12, 2023) for two months (until August 14, 2023)
- Details should be coordinated with your Account Manager
- August 14, 2023: Last Day for Create Tool Requests
- September 8, 2023: End of Support
- November 17, 2023: Full Deprecation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Content Operations will be provided with a closed list of portals that have actively used the Course Builder in the past 12 months. Account Managers can confirm whether or not a customer is listed.
No, this offer is available only to customers of Course Builder who have not purchased a Create Tool license.
Create Tool has the full functionality of Course Builder.