Group Guardrails are added when editing a Group.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|OU Group - Update||Grants access to edit existing custom groups of users. This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, and Provider. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
Enhanced Group Details
When editing a Group, the following information now displays in the Details section:
- Last Processed Date - This displays the date on which the Group was last processed. Previously, this information was only available on the Manage Group page. This date is displayed in the administrator’s time zone.
- Current Group Membership - This displays the number of users in the Group as of the Last Processed Date. Previously, this information was only available on the View Active Users.
- View Current Group Membership - If there are members in the Group, a link is displayed next to the Current Group Membership number. When this link is selected, a pop-up opens, displaying a list of users currently in the Group. This list of users is searchable.
Note: The Current Group Membership count and user list is only updated when the Group is processed.
Group Criteria can include static User Criteria (e.g., User is John Smith) or dynamic User Criteria (e.g., User is or below Amy Johnson).
Previously, if a user referenced in User Criteria became inactive, it was not possible for administrators to identify that the user is inactive when viewing or editing the Group.
With this release, any inactive User Criteria are enclosed in brackets with the inactive flag, making it easy for administrators to identify inactive users. The user's name and user ID are followed by "(Inactive)" and the entire record is enclosed in brackets. The flag also appears if the criterion is part of a group of criteria.
The Inactive flag only applies to the following Group Criteria:
- User is
- User is not
- User is not or below
- User is or below
User Criteria Search
Group Criteria can include hundreds, or even thousands of User Criteria, which results in page after page of criteria.
With this release, administrators can now search for specific User Criteria by first name, last name, user ID, and user status, making it quick and easy to find and edit the necessary criteria.
The following considerations apply to the User Criteria Search:
- The User Criteria Search only returns users who meet the ‘User’ criteria type. For example, if a Group includes the "Executive" Division, and Anna Smith is included in the Group because she is in the Executive Division, searching for Anna Smith returns zero results because the search is only looking at the “User” criteria type. It does not search for users within dynamic criteria.
- The search criteria are reapplied each time the group criteria are edited. For example, if you search for a user who matches the group criteria, the matching criteria is displayed. If you then edit and save the matching criterion so that the user no longer matches the group criteria, the search results are refreshed, and the criteria is no longer displayed.
Pop-up Warning When Canceling Edits
Previously, when an administrator edited a Group and selected Cancel, the administrator was immediately returned to the Manage Group page and all edits were lost.
With this release, when an administrator edits the Group Criteria and selects Cancel, the Confirm Cancel pop-up appears, warning the administrator that all edits will be lost. Within the pop-up, administrators can selector close the pop-up to return to the Edit Group page. Administrators can select to cancel all edits and return to the Manage Group page.
The Confirm Cancel pop-up only appears if the administrator has done one of the following before selecting Cancel.
- Edit the Group Criteria
- Select the Active checkbox
- Clear the Freeze Group Processing checkbox
Pop-up Warning for Freeze Group Processing or Inactive Options
Previously, when an administrator saves a Group that is inactive or has the Freeze Group Processing checkbox selected, there is no warning that the group membership will not process.
With this release, when an administrator saves a Group that is inactive or has the Freeze Group Processing checkbox selected, a pop-up message appears, warning the administrator that saving the Group will not result in the group membership being processed. Within the pop-up, administrators can selectto save the Group and return to the Manage Groups page. Administrators can select or close the pop-up to return to the Edit Group page.