Versioning Redesign Enhancements (Early Adopter)
With this enhancement, new Curriculum Versioning workflows provide consistent and reliable behavior when a Curriculum child Learning Object (LO) is versioned or Curriculum structured is modified simultaneously. The new workflows ensure that the Versioning and Assignment process happens is correct and consistent. Additionally, an icon is available on the Curricula Administration page that lets administrators know that versioning is still in progress if versioning happened through an administrator's structure changes.
- To enable this enhancement, administrators can go to . In the Activate New Versioning Enhancements area, click the button.
- To view the Curricula Administration page, administrators can go to Options column, where applicable. . The versioning icon appears in the
- This enhancement is available only in the Stage portal via the feature activation preference for enablement.
- Cornerstone will communicate detailed Production Deployment Plan at a later stage.
- Only Curriculum Admin Versioning, Child LO versioning – (Online LO, Material LO/ DMS workflows) are supported.
- This enhancement is specific to the back-to-back versioning scenarios leading to versioning inconsistencies for Curriculum admin and Curriculum Child LO workflows leading to User assignment issues.
- If a child LO is removed from the Curriculum structure by an administrator and at the same time, child LO versioning (CVR) requests comes for same LO, the child LO no longer exists in the Curriculum Structure, so the Curriculum versioning will not happen.
- This functionality is automatically enabled for all organizations using the Learning module. Additionally, customers must self-enable the feature in Feature Activation Preferences in Stage Portal.
- This enhancement will be auto-enabled for all customers in the July 2023 release, and it is mandatory to test all the scenarios during the extended UAT cycle ending 31st March.
- To enable in Production before the July 2023 release, contact Global Customer Support (GCS) if all testing and validations are complete in the Stage UAT cycle.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Curriculum Admin - View||
Grants view only access to curriculum details via Curriculum Administration screen. Does not include ability to view details of users enrolled in curricula. This permission can be constrained by Provider, OU, User's OU, and User's LO Availability.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
Tip: Do not constrain this permission to your entire corporation; it can cause long page load times and timeout errors. Applying this constraint is functionally the same as leaving the permission unconstrained, but omitting this constraint does not cause the system to do the unnecessary constraint checks as in the former scenario.
|Learning - Administration|
|Curriculum Owner||Grants ability for those designated as owner of one or more existing curricula to make edits/updates to those curricula. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Curriculum Player Options||Grants ability to enable Curriculum Player feature via the General step when creating or editing a curriculum. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Enable Curricula Auto-Launch Option||Grants ability to enable the curricula auto-launch feature via the Structure step when creating or editing a curriculum. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|
|Learning Features Self Activation||Grants access to the Feature Activation Preferences page, where an administrator can activate new features associated with Learning, Connect and Extended Enterprise.||Learning - Administration|