XLS to XLSX Output Format Upgrade - Most-Used Standard Reports
With the March ’23 Release, the most frequently used Standard Reports are now exported to excel as an .XLSX format.
This enhancement includes the following Standard Reports:
- Curriculum Details
- Custom Form Data
- Enrollment Summary*
- Enterprise Past Due Training
- Enterprise Training*
- Goal Exception*
- Incomplete Training*
- Learning Progression Details Report
- Level 1 Evaluation*
- Online Course Attempts Report*
- Online Training Status*
- Past Due*
- Past Requests*
- Pending Requests*
- Performance Review Distribution
- Performance Review Rating
- Performance Review Step Status Report
- Requests Status Summary*
- Resume Section Details
- Task User Status
- Test Analysis*
- Training Hours*
- Training Progress Pie Chart*
- Training Progress Summary Pie Chart
- Training Status Summary*
- Transcript Status
Reports listed with an asterisk (*) are reports with previously embedded HTML that are now generated as a .XLSX file format entirely.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
The modernized Excel file format provides enhanced security, optimized file size for storage, and improved data loss reliability when compared to the previous output format.
- Training Progress Pie Chart excel output title is now Employee Training Progress Summary.
- The following reports have changed from a 24-hour format to a 12-hour format for the English (US) language; all other geographies continue to show in their respective regional format:
- ILT Enrollment Report
- ILT Requests Status Summary Report
- Pending Requests
- The previous .XLS output generated unnecessary trailing spaces within cells for a given column. This is trimmed in the .XLSX format as a formatting improvement. This may cause row line changes for customer that have developed automation scripts with specific row line references.
This functionality is automatically enabled for all organizations. To revert to .XLS format, the file type can be converted back manually via the standard process for converting file types within the Excel application.