Reporting 2.0 - Calculated Fields: Nesting for Aggregate Functions
Prior to this enhancement, Reporting 2.0 allowed calculated field functions to be used within other functions up to five levels. However, aggregate functions could not be nested, and so report owners had to perform many calculations manually, after exporting the data.
This enhancement enables report builders to nest one aggregated function within another, thereby allowing them to execute more calculation use cases directly in Reporting 2.0. Reporting 2.0 permits nesting aggregate functions up to one level so that report builders can use operations like CASE(GAVG), and IF(GMAX).
- Aggregate functions cannot be nested within another aggregate function.
- Aggregate functions can only be nested up to one level with non-aggregate functions (e.g., logical, numeric functions)
- GCOUNT(DATEDIFF(day, [User].[User Last Hire Date], TODAY()))
- GCOUNT(ISNUMBER([Transcript].[Transcript Score]))
- IF(GCOUNT([User].[User Name])>1, “Users took Training”, “No users took training”)
This enhancement is automatically enabled for all organizations.
For more information about Reporting 2.0 permissions, see the following:
- Permissions in Reporting 2.0 - This provides detailed information about Reporting 2.0 permissions.
- Permissions List - This provides the list of permissions and their relationships so that you know which permissions users need to have to create and view reports.