People Matrix - Overview
The People Matrix displays all of the selected users and their ratings for the selected skills. Only the matrix creator can view the matrix.
To view a People Matrix, go to. Then, select the appropriate matrix.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|People Matrix||Grants access to the People Matrix functionality. This permission can be constrained to User, OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User's Direct Subordinates. The constraints on this permission determine which users are available in the People Matrix. This is a manager permission.||Core Administration|
|User Ratings - View All Shared Ratings||Grants ability to view all ratings that are shared with others in addition to the rater. This permission applies to anywhere the ratings are displayed, such as People Matrix and Skills Profile. This permission is intended for indirect managers or non-managers to be able to view rating data for users over which they have no oversight. This permission grants access to all OU types, both standard and custom. This permission can be constrained to User, OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User's Direct Subordinates. The constraints on this permission determine whose shared ratings the person can view. This is a manager permission.||Core Administration|
To edit the matrix, select the Options menu in the upper-right corner of the page, and select Edit Matrix. See Create a People Matrix.
To delete the matrix, select the Options menu in the upper-right corner of the page, and select Delete Matrix. This permanently deletes the matrix.
Export Matrix as CSV
To export the matrix and data to a CSV file, select the Options menu in the upper-right corner of the page, and select Export as CSV. Each row in the CSV file represents a skill for a user.
To copy the matrix, select the Options menu in the upper-right corner of the page, and select Copy Matrix. See Create a People Matrix.
By default, the matrix uses the default rating source configured for the matrix. To view ratings from a different source, select the appropriate source from the Rating Source drop-down menu.
Note: Rating Source is determined by the rater's relation at the time of the rating, regardless of the person's current relation.
Proficiency Levels and Targets
In the upper-right corner of the page, each of the proficiency levels are displayed with their corresponding name. Viewers can hover over a proficiency level to view a description.
If proficiency targets are configured for the selected skills' capability model, then the following assessments are displayed in the matrix:
- Target Met - This indicates the user's rating is at or above the skill's proficiency target.
- Near Target - This indicates the user's rating is within 80% of the skill's proficiency target.
- Off Target - This indicates the user's rating is less than 80% of the skill's proficiency target.
Filter Users and Skills
The following filters are available:
- Employee Search - Search for a specific user in the matrix. When a search is conducted, the matrix only displays users who match the search criteria.
- Skill Drop-down - Select a specific skill to display. When a skill is selected, only the selected skill is displayed.
- Proficiency Level Drop-down - Select a proficiency level to display. When a proficiency level is selected, only ratings with the selected proficiency level are displayed.
People Matrix Data
The following information is displayed in the People Matrix:
- Employee Name - The first column displays each user who was configured to be included in the People Matrix. The matrix only displays users who are within the viewer's permission constraints.
- Skills and Proficiencies - The matrix displays the user's proficiency level for each of the skills.
- The proficiencies are based on the selected Rating Source.
- If a proficiency target is configured for the skill's capability model, then the matrix displays whether the user has met the target, is near the target, or is off the target.
- On Target - This indicates the user meets or exceeds the target.
- Near Target - This indicates the user is below the target by one level.
- Off Target - This indicates the user is below the target by two or more levels.
- If no proficiency target is configured for the skill's capability model, then the rating circles are shaded to reflect the proficiency level. Higher levels are displayed with a darker color, while lower levels are displayed with a lighter color.
- When Declarations Only is selected as the rating source, a checkmark is displayed if the user has declared the skill. A proficiency assessment is not displayed.
- When Latest Peer Rating is selected as the rating source, if there are multiple ratings from peers for the skill, then the latest average rating is displayed.
- Skill Actions - An Actions menu (three dots) is available by hovering over the skill rating in the matrix. Actions are available based on the rating source and whether the People Matrix feature connector is enabled for the source. The option names may vary as they can be configured in the feedback template. The following actions may be available if configured in the feedback template:
- Request a Proficiency Rating
- View Details - Select this option to view the skill details in a flyout. See Skills Profile - View Skill Details.
- Update Ratings - Select this to provide a new rating for the user. When a new rating is provided, the matrix displays the new rating. Updating a rating adds a new rating for the user; it does not overwrite the previous rating. See Skills Profile - Provide Skill Feedback.
- Other options may be available.
- Average Proficiency Level or Overall Target Achievement Score - This column displays the user's average proficiency rating level for all of the skills in the matrix. The average only includes skills with ratings. When proficiency targets are available, this column displays the number of ratings that are on target. This column is not displayed when the rating source is Declarations Only.