Create a People Matrix
A people matrix displays a group of users and their proficiency for a set of capabilities. Managers can configure which users and capabilities are included in the matrix.
To create a People Matrix, go to.
- If no matrices have been created yet, then select the button.
- If at least one matrix has been created, then select the button.
To edit a People Matrix, go to Edit Matrix.. Select the appropriate matrix. From the People Matrix, select the Options menu and select
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|User Ratings - View All Shared Ratings||Grants ability to view all ratings that are shared with others in addition to the rater. This permission applies to anywhere the ratings are displayed, such as People Matrix and Skills Profile. This permission is intended for indirect managers or non-managers to be able to view rating data for users over which they have no oversight. This permission grants access to all OU types, both standard and custom. This permission can be constrained to User, OU, User's OU, User Self and Subordinates, and User's Direct Subordinates. The constraints on this permission determine whose shared ratings the person can view. This is a manager permission.||Core Administration|
Step 1 - Select Team
On the Select Team step, you can configure the matrix name and select which users are included in the matrix.
The following options are available to help you configure the matrix name and the group of users displayed in the matrix:
- Add OUs - By default, the matrix includes all of the creator's direct reports. Select this button to add users or organizational units to the matrix. The constraints on the People Matrix permission determine which users are available to add.
- Remove Selected - To remove users from the matrix, select the checkbox next to the appropriate users, and select the Remove Selected button.
- Include Subordinates - Select this option to include the user's subordinates in the matrix. When this option is selected, the subordinates are only included if they are within the matrix creator's permission constraints. In addition, you must have the necessary permission to view the shared ratings of users in the matrix.
After selecting the appropriate users, selectto proceed to the Select Skills step.
Step 2 - Select Skills
On the Select Skills step, you can configure which skills are included in the matrix and the target proficiency level for each skill.
The following options are available to help you configure the matrix skills:
- Search and Add Skills - To add a skill, search for the skill and select Add Skill.
- Remove Selected - To remove skills from the matrix, select the checkbox next to the appropriate skills, and select the Remove Selected button.
- Proficiency Target Level - From the drop-down, select the target proficiency level for each skill in the matrix. The people matrix will compare each user's skill level with this target level.
- Team Skills - This section displays the top 10 declared skills that are shared for the people selected in the matrix. Select the plus icon for a skill to add it to the matrix.
- Skills Your Team Might Have - This section displays the top 10 skills your team may have but the skills have not been declared on your team members' profiles. These skills are identified based on the users' positions and skills identified by other employees with the same position title. Select the plus icon for a skill to add it to the matrix.
After selecting the appropriate skills, selectto proceed to the Default Rating Source step.
Step 3 - Add Rating Source and Title
On the Add Rating Source and Title step, you must select the default source of the ratings that should be used for the matrix and provide a title for the matrix. The rating source can be changed at any time when viewing the People Matrix.
The following options are available to help you configure the rating source:
- Select Rating Source - Select which rating source should be used to display ratings in the matrix. The following options are available:
- Latest Manager Rating
- Declarations Only
- Predicted Proficiency Rating - This option displays each user's predicted proficiency for the skills on the matrix. A user's predicted proficiency rating is an amalgamation of all declared ratings for the user (Self, Manager, and Peers) and the user's skill level that can be inferred from their years of experience in the role. If no value is displayed, it may mean that there is no rating history for the skill or the skill is not normally associated with the role. If a rating is added, a score will be computed and displayed.
- Add a Title to Your Matrix - Enter a name for your matrix, up to 200 characters. The matrix name should reflect the purpose of the matrix. The name will be displayed on the People Matrix Homepage and the People Matrix page.
- Add a Description - Enter a description to explain the purpose of the matrix, up to 1000 characters.
After selecting the rating source and providing a title, select. The new matrix is added to your People Matrix Homepage, and you are directed to the newly created People Matrix. Only the matrix creator can view the matrix.