Email Templates and Send Email from Manage Candidates Enhancements
Prior to this enhancement, job alert emails were sent using a generic template that did not allow customer branding.
With this enhancement, several updates are now available that benefit administrators, recruiters, and applicants.
- Administrators can now:
- Create, edit, activate, deactivate, and delete Internal and External Job Alert Templates.
- Use custom templates to configure emails for Manage Candidates.
- Configure display names fields in the job alert templates.
- Request that Global Customer Support (GCS) configure email address subdomain.
To access and configure email templates, administrators can go to.
- Recruiters can now:
- Use their organization/portal name in the email address as subdomain for branding purpose. For example, if the portal name is shopnow, the default subdomain email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use html source code to send email from the Manage Candidates page.
- Use the Rich Text Editor (RTE) to preview email and view source code.
- Candidates now receive customized emails that contain a subdomain email address, if applicable.
To manage templates, recruiters can go to. Then choose the appropriate template.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
This enhancement allows customers to configure their own Job Alert templates to align with their brand. Adding a subdomain address helps candidates identify that the email is from a trusted source.
- Users can only view contents of Standard Internal/External Job Alert templates.
- Only active templates can be associated to career sites.
- A template assigned to any career site cannot be deleted.
- To create a job alert, the template category must be Internal Job Alert or External Job Alert.
- The domain “recruitmail” cannot be configured.
- By default, the subdomain is set with the portal name. Contact Global Customer Support (GCS) to change the subdomain . Note: English letters, numbers and hyphens (not at the start or end) are acceptable for subdomain names.
- When creating a template, create a default language template first, followed by other language templates.
- Templates display based on the language of the logged-in user. If a template is not configured in that language, then the title of the template is displayed in the default language.
- Activating or inactivating a template applies to the selected template in all languages. It is not possible to activate/inactivate a template in a specific language only.
- This functionality is automatically enabled for all organizations using the Recruiting module.
- At this time, customers on SL4 environment cannot receive emails sent from Job Alerts on Mobile-Friendly Career Site.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Recruiting Configure Email Templates- Manage||Grants ability to configure email communication templates. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Recruiting|
Note: This permission is enabled by default for Recruiting Admin, Cornerstone Admin, and System Admin roles for all customers.