Prior to this enhancement, users with email delivery permissions received an automated email notification if they had scheduled the report snapshot and flagged the checkbox for Notify me through email when the report is ready for download or when the report was scheduled from Report builder. However, the notification content was lacking some helpful information.
With this enhancement, the email notification now includes the following information:
- Report generation details (who generated the report and when)
- Details about report source
- Report ID
- Instructions on how to use the link mentioned in email
Note: The email notification content remains hard-coded and cannot be configured by users.
How Does This Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
Users have more clarity and an improved user experience as the email notification now has key information about the report.
The email notification is received when:
- A report is scheduled from the report snapshot and the box is checked to
- A report is scheduled from the Report builder