With the November ‘22 Release, versioning dashboards for Material and Online Classes are accessible from the Course Catalog and Course Console. These dashboards are similar to the curriculum versioning dashboard which has also been enhanced with this release.
How Does this Enhancement Benefit My Organization?
This enhancement provides administrators with insight into the versioning options selected as well as the users impacted during the versioning of curricula, online classes, and materials.
- For curricula, the Versioning Dashboard supports the following types of reversioning:
- For curricula, the Versioning Dashboard does not support the following:
- Users with curricula that are versioned directly using the Modify Version of Selected Users on the Manage Enrolled Users page; These users are not displayed in the Affected Users panel.
- Users with curricula that are versioned during learning assignment processing; These users are not displayed in the Affected Users panel.
- For online classes and materials, the Versioning Dashboard supports the following types of reversioning:
- For online classes and materials, the Versioning Dashboard does not support the following types of reversioning:
- Users with online classes or materials that are versioned during learning assignment processing; These users are not displayed in the Affected Users panel.
- Online classes and materials that have the version set higher than 1.0 through another process such as online publishing or loading through Edge
- For Document Management System (DMS) materials, the Versioning Dashboard only supports materials that are versioned using the Assign To: Users Assigned by Learning Assignment option.
- The flyout that the displays the details of the constraints is not available for curricula for this release. This will be delivered in a future release.
This functionality is automatically enabled for all organizations using the Learning module.
The link to access the dashboard is available in the Course Console for curricula, materials, and online courses by clicking the Version Details link in the Course Console “More Options” drop-down. It can also be accessed via the “Actions” menu for these training types in Course Catalog search results. The Version Details link is only available for curricula, materials, or online classes that have a version of 2.0 or greater.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Course Catalog - View||
Grants access to view the learning objects in the course catalog and enables administrators to view the Course Console and the Popular Requests and Highest Rated widgets on the Learning Admin Console (in conjunction with the Learning Admin Console - View permission). This permission can be constrained by OU, User's OU, Training Type, Training Item, Provider, ILT Provider, User's ILT Provider, and User's LO Availability. This is an administrator permission.
Adding an OU constraint and a provider constraint to this permission results in an "AND" statement.
|Learning - Administration|