With the November ‘22 Release enhancements to Security Health Check, customers can do the following:
- Edit security issues to the Cornerstone recommended value
- View and export the Modification History in Microsoft Excel file format
To access the Security Health Check tool, go to.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Security Health Check - Edit Security Issues||Grants ability to edit security issue settings in the Security Health Check tool and set them to Cornerstone's recommended value. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
|Security Health Check - View||Grants ability to view the Security Health Check tool. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Core Administration|
View and Edit Modification History
A new menu icon is available in the upper-right corner of the Security Health Check page. This menu contains the following options:
- View Modification History - Select this option to view the modification history in a flyout.
- Export Modification History - Select this option to export the modification history to a Microsoft Excel file.
The Modification History contains the following information:
- Name of the security setting that was modified
- Original and updated value for the setting
- Name of the user who modified the setting
- Date and time of the update
Resolve a Security Setting
Prior to this release, administrators could select thelink for any security setting that is in a critical or warning status. This opened a Resolve Security Issue flyout that displayed additional details about the setting. Administrators could select the button that would open Support Central where named administrators could open a support ticket to change the setting.
With this release, for administrators who have permission to edit security settings, the Resolve Security Issue flyout contains anbutton.
Administrators can only change the value for security issues, which are security settings that are in a critical or warning status. Further, administrators can only change security settings to the Cornerstone recommended value. To change a value for a non-security issue or to change a setting to a non-recommended value, administrators must contact customer support, which is the previously existing process.