With this enhancement, warning flags have been added to the Learning Assignment Tool (LAT) to help administrators avoid assigning training to more or fewer users than intended. By notifying administrators of unusual assignment criteria before the assignment is submitted, administrators can address potential assignment issues before the training is assigned to users.
When an administrator has added user criteria to the Users page of the assignment creation process, and then the administrator clicks thebutton, the user will receive a warning flag if the system identifies a potential issue with the user criteria:
- Low user count (This warning appears if the administrator has created a learning assignment that will be assigned to zero users)
- High user count (This warning appears if the administrator has created a learning assignment that will be assigned to a very high percentage of the system's users)
- Group not processed (This warning appears when the group selected as user criteria has not yet processed, and thus contains zero users)
High User Count Warning
Low User Count Warning
Group Not Processed Warning
For more information about the Users step of the assignment creation process: See Create Learning Assignment - Users.
The following considerations apply to this enhancement:
- This enhancement applies to both standard and dynamic learning assignments.
- The user percentage that will trigger the warning flag for high user count is configured via the Assignment Tool Preferences page. For information about configuring this preference: See Learning Assignment Tool Preferences.
- Prior to this enhancement, low user count and high user count warnings would display on the Confirm step of the assignment creation process after the user attempted to submit the assignment. These warnings will continue to display on the Confirm step, in addition to the warning flags described in this enhancement.
This functionality is automatically enabled in all portals using the Learning module.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Assignment Tool - Standard||
Grants ability to create Standard (one-time) Learning Assignments to directly assign training to users. This permission can be constrained by OU, Provider, Training Item, Training Type, User, User Self and Subordinates, and User's OU. If this permission is constrained by Location, Provider, Training Type, or Training Item, then they can only assign training within the constraints. If this permission is constrained by OU, User, User Self and Subordinates, or User's OU, then they can only assign to and view assignments created by users within the constraints. This is an administrator permission.
|Learning - Administration|