Edge Import - GUID-Based Employee Load
Prior to this enhancement, organizations could only update employee records using the GUID as the primary identifier. Organizations could not create records using GUID as the primary identifier. In addition, Employee Relationship fields were only available in UserID-based employee loads.
With this release, Edge Import is enhanced to allow organizations to create and update employee records in the system using GUID as the primary identifier. In addition, Employee Relationship fields are now available when GUID or GUID (Update Only) is selected as the primary identifier.
When creating or editing a configuration for an Employee load, the "What is the primary identifier?" question has the following options:
- User ID
- User ID (with Auto-generation of IDs) - This option is only available if the System Generated User ID feature is enabled.
- GUID - This is a new option and can be used for creating and updating employee records.
- GUID (Update Only) - This option is renamed from "Globally Unique Identifier (GUID)."
The following considerations apply for the new GUID option:
- If a GUID value is provided in the data load, then it must match an existing GUID value in the system in order to update the record. If the provided GUID value does not match an existing GUID value, then the data record is invalid and the data is not updated in the system.
- If a GUID value is not provided in the data load, then the record is treated as a new record and a GUID value is automatically created.
- UserID values are not created automatically, and they must be mapped and provided in the data load file.
To create a new data import configuration, go to. Select the Configurations panel. Then, select the button. This opens the New Configuration flyout, which guides you through a multi-step process to create a new configuration.
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|Access CHR - Employee Load||Grants access to the Cornerstone HR (CHR) employee data load via Edge Import. This permission and data load type are only available to organizations using CHR. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge Import|
|Access Edge Import||Grants access to the Edge Import tool, which enables administrators to load data into their portal. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge Import|
|Create/Update Configurations||Grants ability to create and update Edge Import configurations. This permission cannot be constrained. This is an administrator permission.||Edge Import|