Manage Events and Sessions - Optimized Search Experience
With the Feb ’22 Release, the search functionality on the Manage Events and Session page in Stage environments began to utilize “elastic search” technology on the backend when the Search for all Events option is selected. During the Feb '22 Release, this functionality was in a beta status and was available in Stage portals only.
With the May '22 Release, parts of the beta enhancement will be made available in Production portals. Elastic search provides the following benefits:
- Search results on the Manage Events and Sessions page are displayed faster
- Users can use special characters in the Event Name search field on the Manage Events and Sessions page
- No events display on the Manage Events & Sessions page until a search has been run, and the Export to Excel option on this page does not display until a search has been run
- The search will return results on both exact search terms and partial search terms
- Elastic search provides a more stable search infrastructure
- The Search for All Sessions functionality is not included in this beta project.
- Elastic Search does not apply to inactive events.
- Alphabetical sorting is not included in this enhancement.
The max number of results available in the Excel download is 500.
This functionality is automatically available in portals using the Learning module. In Stage, portals, elastic search logic is enabled by default. In Production portals, elastic search logic is disabled by default and must be enabled by an administrator via ILT Preferences. See ILT Preferences - Elastic Search.
Click here to access the Beta Guide and updated documents related to this enhancement in the Beta community. You can share your feedback about this enhancement in the Beta community.
The following existing permissions apply to this functionality:
|PERMISSION NAME||PERMISSION DESCRIPTION||CATEGORY|
|ILT Preferences - Manage||Grants ability to configure a variety of default settings that apply to new instructor led training events and sessions. This permission can be constrained by OU and User's OU. This is an administrator permission.||Learning - Administration|